calling any one from missouri

MY GOSH!! Thats alot of floating, wow!! No wonder your name is ChickenCanoe! Amazing....
th.gif
bow.gif
I was working a contractor job I hated in KC and was ready to quit when the company cut all their contractors. At the same time I learned of the Missouri 340 race (world's longest non-stop canoe race). I thought, what a better way to return home than by canoe.
Shortly thereafter, I was building a chicken tractor when I joined BYC. Chicken tractor, chicken canoe - what's the difference.

12 of those 28 some odd streams I only floated once. My grandparents had a fishing lodge on the Gasconade when I was a kid and I floated that stream probably 20 times in john boats. Later we floated the Cuivre once. As an adult, the Courtois/Huzzah was my first. My son and I floated and camped on the Gasconade once in flood stage. We camped on a high island and I watched closely during the night as the river rose. I was afraid we'd have to evacuate in the middle of the night. The only rivers I've floated through the night were the Current, Niangua and Missouri. The Niangua and Current once by accident, the Missouri and another time on the Current by choice.
I also floated the Big, Buffalo, Marble, Huzzah and Castor in flood stage. Actually some of the creeks are only floatable in flood stage.
Growing up we had a farm with Wachita creek flowing through it so I was on it a lot. It joins Brewers creek a couple miles before it hits the St. Francois river and it wasn't till about 10 years ago that I floated those confluences and on through all the whitewater sections of the St. Francois. Been on the Current, Huzzah and Black at least 20 times. Meramec, Jacks Fork and Eleven Point about 10 times. Buffalo 5 times. Courtois, Bourbeuse, and North Fork 3 times.

I did the Current in Late October on Tuesday and Wednesday. Spent the whole time fishing and looking at fall colors. Didn't have any food but what I got on my line. Always remember that time.
Floating mid week, especially fall, winter and spring can be so magical.

OK, snowflakes chance in Hades but never hurts to ask......

I've 2 Lav Isabel Orp Roos and lost the hens. I really need to find (preferably hen but settle for eggs) Lav, Lav split black, or Solid Black Orps that are at least 50% English.
Purchase if I have to but prefer to work out some kind of trade or swap.
Who knows - may be someone out there with a spinster hen or two .........

I've 2 Lav Isabel Orp Roos and lost the hens. I really need to find (preferably hen but settle for eggs) Lav, Lav split black, or Solid Black Orps that are at least 50% English.

Have you tried "Chicken Swap of Missouri" on facebook? They've got a little bit of everything on there and the reply is usually faster.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CSoMo/

Also:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rarebreedchickenauction/ They may have what you are looking for.
thumbsup.gif
Good luck!

I'd planned to hit FB for locals as well but didn't want to leave BYC out - thanks.
Rather not ship a hen and only want a few eggs - so hoping to be able to pick up locally.
Have some jubi and crele eggs coming in but neither had lav eggs avail to toss in.
With the heat hate to pay so much for overnight shipping for a few eggs. Selectively cheap cheep cheep.... LOL!

There's about 4 breeders with various lavender orps in MO.

http://agriculture.mo.gov/animals/pdf/poultry_yearbook.pdf

Does anyone know where I can get some rain? Like a week of nice, gentle, soaking cool rain? My pastures are all burnt up and we only get spit at while everyone around us seems to be getting a storm or 2 at least weekly.....it is so hot and dry and dusty and my plants need a break!! I've even noticed some trees are dying!

fl.gif
I'm praying for some rain!

Hey all havent been on in a while read posts to catch up
.I have Lavender orps and am in Bonne Terre Mo near Farmington Have a 5 month old LO roo or sale $5 .
For the person looking for silkies best source i know near south of St Louis is Debbiechick in Hillboro. Shes on Facebook chicken swap Mo and she has all kinds of colors including cuckoos plus sizzles and showgirls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom