calling any one from missouri

Hi and thank you,
We don't have an Orscheln's here, there's one about 25 miles away. There are several feed stores locally, was just curious if anyone prefers the quality of one stores product vs a different.

Hi and thank you,
We don't have an Orscheln's here, there's one about 25 miles away. There are several feed stores locally, was just curious if anyone prefers the quality of one stores product vs a different.
Hello,
Hostetler in Buffalo MO sells non-gmo and organic feed. I would start by contacting them since they are so close and find out if they sell to someone in Springfield. We are over 3 hours away or I would get all my feed there. Which is the plan for the future but right now I don't have a storage place for it.

welcome-byc.gif

For anyone interested and near St. Louis, my 4 hour class, "Backyard Chickens for the Beginner" is being held this Saturday, June 13 from 10AM to 2PM.
It is at Meramec Community College in Kirkwood.
To register, call 314-984-7777.

It's the first class listed on page 32 of the following pdf.
http://www.stlcc.edu/Document_Library/Cont_Ed/CE-Summer-2015-Schedule.pdf

Last edited:
Anyone need some roosters? I have one definite, 2 probable, and a couple of questionable that will need new homes eventually. I might keep the one definite if I keep two coops going and my current roo accepts him on the property as that was, of course, my son's favorite when they hatched. They are either EE/silkie or Japanese bantam/silkie mixes.

Hey Katatonic. I am in Neosho too. Glad to see I am not the only crazy chicken person around here. Do you sell your eggs? If so, what do you think is a reasonable price to ask for the area?

Yay local crazy chicken people! With only 2 layers and one being a bantam I haven't started selling. I keep us and my mother in law in eggs and that's about it. I have at least 6 up and coming so we will see how many I get after that. My mother in law has someone she buys eggs from and they sold for $3. Someone at the farmer's market was selling for $4 and mom said that was too much.

mrballance I heard Thayer is pretty good from most but then I got some mixed reviews from others I spoke to locally. How is the customer service there?

my chickens lay enough eggs for 4 families to have a dozen eggs a week. Not great but not bad either. The next two months I will have 16 more pullets starting to lay and will be selling my eggs. In our local area most farmers were selling for 2.00-2.50 a dozen. I missed the Farmers Market this morning so I am not sure if that has changed. I hope not because I think this is the time for us to prove buying local is the better choice. I know I will be keeping my prices to the current amount listed. I don't like it when stores gouge us at Christmas time or other seasonal holidays and I'm not going to do it with local friends and family. My feed bill is the same if I am selling my eggs for 2.00 a dozen or 5.00 a dozen it just seems to me that you gain more when you are willing to work with your community. I do realize charging more would give me a better opportunity to buying more stock but what's the point if you gouge your customers now and lose them when the egg market drops back down to 1.00 a dozen? Just my little thoughts/2 cents on the issue.

Back
Top Bottom