calling any one from missouri

I have 9 hens and they free range when I'm home to supervise. That may be 12 hours or 2 hours. I have feed and water in the coop at all times. I find that if they free range my feed bill is cut in half. I'm sure that if they free range full time the feed bill would be nothing. I do the deep litter method so I'm not spending hardly any time cleaning. I do check each hen out once a week and make sure they have no Bugs. I buy only Organic feed and the price I sell eggs at is too low I think. But I'm not in it to get rich. LOL

Lebanon Mo here, always happy to meet local farmy/ poultry people :) Only lived in Missouri a little over 2 years now, but love it here :)
I have some ducks and a pair of Pilgrim geese but want much more poultry as soon as I can :)

Lebanon Mo here, always happy to meet local farmy/ poultry people :) Only lived in Missouri a little over 2 years now, but love it here :)
I have some ducks and a pair of Pilgrim geese but want much more poultry as soon as I can :)

@cppeace - Hello there! If you haven't yet, I recommend a visit to Bennett Springs State Park. It's somewhere near you...lol, I can't recall where exactly. It's a beautiful park!

My ducks are loving all the puddles, but if I don't get the grass mowed soon, I'll be needing some goats!

@cppeace - Hello there! If you haven't yet, I recommend a visit to Bennett Springs State Park. It's somewhere near you...lol, I can't recall where exactly. It's a beautiful park!

My ducks are loving all the puddles, but if I don't get the grass mowed soon, I'll be needing some goats!
Yes, as soon as I have a vehicle good enough for travel I will be visiting areas around here. The rain is awful lately, My peach tree might need to be brought inside between the wind and rain it's lost half of its leaves grrr. It was growing so quick and well. :( The ducks do love the mud best of all lol. I would have goats if my fence was better.Right now just a horse in my pasture and he is so very spoiled :)

Back
Top Bottom