calling any one from missouri

We've had 4 inches in the last week and it finally stopped overnight. Now I have about 4 hours to cut the grass and weedeat before H Bill gets here.
Oh wait, I don't have time to cut grass. I have to get 4 flocks of chickens fed, get chicks out of the incubator, move 2 batches of chicks out of the brooders and get into 3 bee hives before the rain hits and they get cranky.

Yup, it is raining real steadily here as I type. It has been all morning. I have a black soda bottle shaped recycling container that I set out Tuesday evening, by Wednesday morning it was full to the top with rain water ( some of which is pouring from the over worked gutters!)

I feel bad for my chickens, they can either stay inside their coops or wonder out into mud. I've even tried throwing down branches & shavings to try to get them something drier & up out of the mud to walk on, but it has all been to no avail. Everything sinks down into the mud after less than a day.

Pretty soon they are going to start thinking they are ducks!!

I have tarps to try to keep an area dry but I live on a hill and the rain is running down hill and making mud in the run anyway. The only dry spot is in the dust bath wading pool. The rain will eventually stop.

CG

I have tarps to try to keep an area dry but I live on a hill and the rain is running down hill and making mud in the run anyway. The only dry spot is in the dust bath wading pool. The rain will eventually stop.

CG

I live on a hill also & have the same problem. I am seriously thinking about trying to put in a "dry creek" so that when it rains the water will just follow the "creek" and hopefully leave most of the yard just wet instead of totally saturated.

wait! exactly what is this mowing thing? I mean I have one of those rider things I use to pull the cart that carries all the feed and water for the chickens. I know it has a blade thing...but I also know I can't put that blade thing down because our yard isn't much more then a shallow river in most places. The rest of it has tall grass...You mean this isn't normal?

On another note...it is so dismal the girls are slowing down on egg production =( seems that no sun equals out to no eggs or less than 4. I'm told July is going to be very dry and hot. BUT I live in Missouri the "show me state"!

Back
Top Bottom