calling any one from missouri

I am NPIP certified so all I order/buy is from other NPIP people =). Anyway, yes I was directed to an article that I almost understood but I did take away from it that we are not to have poultry including eggs come in or go out of the state. I wanted to get some more eggs from someone I had send a dozen to me earlier in the spring that lives in Minnesota. She actually directed me to the article about inclusion of eggs.So, no eggs to hatch for me and I sooo wanted to try out the new bator I got =( oh well next year perhaps.

Oh, it's not so much bringing eggs in to MO but that they are coming from MN. Several states have put a blockade up against allowing anything in from MN. And IA just had another site test positive - after the hatchery so may well be on the blocked state list too. Gal in TX got eggs from me not long ago said if she brought eggs in from MN they would yank her NPIP. Best thing to do is to call Bill and see what he says the current deal is.

Oh and as far as shipping out - certainly can! Just need to call the NPIP contact at the receiving state and make sure your status meets requirements. There are 4 states where you have to also be AI Clean not jsut AI monitored and NPIP or tested within 30 or 21 days.

Last edited:
you are awesome EdenCamp!

I should have thought to ask if you have Ameraucana eggs you are shipping out? I would like the colors to be BBS. Mostly I would like the blue and black. I know it's crazy but I have come to love those colors in all my birds.
I'm also searching for a new stock of black/blue lf Cochin eggs. I know Marvin has bunches but I would like to bring in another blood line if I can. That's the ones I was looking for from MN. She sent me eggs from one blood line in the spring and they are beautiful but I have a serious issue with being able to keep roosters. For some reason they are the ones that do stupid things to die. Recently I had one that I believe fell off the roost and broke his neck....go figure on that =( I'm down to one breeding size LF Cochin and he's a splash. Really want to get another line worked up of black and blue's.

Thank you for the info, the gal I've been working with in MN seems to be one of the good ones. Follows strict regulations and like you has been very helpful with all information.

thank you,

Hey was just curious if anyone on this thread has light brahmas hatching eggs for sale? I'd pick some up from Cackle but keep hearing about aggressive roosters from them. I want a sweet group :) also interested in good quality silkies eggs, blue swede duck eggs or rarer turkey eggs :)

Last edited:
Poor chickens are in a mud pit
1f629.png
i hope this dries up soon. Damp areas are a breeding ground for diseases like cocci. In the meantime I can't move the chicks outside. Ugh I hate the wet weather.

Start them on corrid as soon as you move them out. Even better as soon as they hatch bring in a bit of chicken run dirt - they get immune without being overwhelmed by what's in your flora. But yeah - swamps breed cocci bad. KC area is getting rain again but central supposed to pretty well done - just 90's for the next week.

Potager - I have gold based blacks. lav and silkied Ams - so I have BBS but they are most likely packing the silkied gene and cockerels possibly choc as well. And the blacks are split up right now - some in with the mottled Ams and some with silkied. And the lav are broody... I do have BBS (likely splits for sikied) chicks and juvies on the ground tho. . LOL! I'm all about the projects....

I didn't hatch them i handpicked them at cackle.
I have quite a few chickens, and I have been treating them for cocci, just because I'm worried that if this rain causes one to get it, then it will wipe out my whole flock. I'm currently working on a coop on higher drier ground, but this mud worries me.

We had horrible problems with mud in the coops in the springtime (think boots sloshing down inches deep in clay/poo mud mixture). So... we had $80 worth of sand shipped to our house and we put it all in the coop. This solved the problem for about a year, until the sand ran off and began sinking into the clay again. So... we added more sand, and created a trench at the back of the coop where all the water gathers and runs off and away.

Thinking back, were I able to do things differently, I would have purchased a layer of rock first (to keep the sand from sinking), then put sand on top of it. This creates a perfect medium for chickens to be on. They love dirtbathing in it (especially after I sprinkle it with DE in the dry summer to keep the flies down), and it is basically self-cleaning when outside in the elements. Rain comes down, breaks and washes poop down, it flows to the drainage area and washes away. TADA! I love our sand run.

It is some investment in time and money to put it in, but it really is worth it. Better, healthier conditions for the birds and less work for me. It was worth EVERY penny.

yeah, I need to try to get this done this summer while dry - at least for the dog run pens - thought oh I'll extend them out in a double line on the South side of the house.... except they blocked the natural drainage. I don't have soup - I have broth! UGH!!!!!!!! They've perches galore and pallets but for me to go in them.... ewwwww!

I put some large 10x7ish mats down on the really wet spot where the garage blocks the runoff. I know that this is only going to work temporarily, but I couldn't stand it anymore poor babies. I had to bath 2 chickens a roo and a hen because he tried to breed her in 6 inches of mud. By the time i found them they were unable to move because the mud had dried. I moved ones leg and it crunched. I thought it was gross. Just imagine what they were going through. It took over 20 minutes each.

Back
Top Bottom