calling any one from missouri

Hey that sounds wonderful - nothing beats hiding away on a piece of land in MO. Ameraucana and English orps are what I concentrate on - they're more rare breed than general layers tho. As far as pets, while all breeds can be - some are better suited than others. The orps are more people oriented than AMs as a rule. There are some peope down that way. Welcome!!! BTW I'm in Central MO, Ozarks area.

Welcome from Macon Co MO!

You will love Buff Os as well as Missouri. DH and I retired here from IL and I tell ya, folks, no way we are ever living east of the Mississippi again. People here are so nice and life is good.

Hi from the other southern corner. :)

When we got married hubs stole us away from Arkansas to Missouri. Literally only a 20 minute drive but everybody is so much more friendly, I love how everybody waves at you when you are driving lol.. He is from Missouri and hated living in Arkansas he went from living in a town of 200 people to a city of 60,000 people. I have to say I enjoy the peace Missouri brings me.

Coons got my two Penedesenca and 2 blue wheaten ameraucana chickens last night. Time to do get the traps out along with my game camera to see what is going on. Pretty mad they got my favorite 2 breeds.

Last edited:
Coons got my two Penedesenca and 2 blue wheaten ameraucana chickens last night. Time to do get the traps out along with my game camera to see what is going on. Pretty mad they got my favorite 2 breeds.

That's terrible! Since Monday I have now removed 3 coons from where my chickens are at. They're sneaky lil guys, trappin last season I had one that no matter how well i secured my coon cuffs he would always pull them out and get the bait, so i went and put some #3,s around them and ended up gettin him on the second set. He still pulled one out, got caught in one chewed his rear leg off, then stayed on the second batch.

So i've been workng my chicken math since we fineally had enough eggs collected for breakfast yesterday(6). I studied the eggs and 3 had a much more distinct appearance, as far as freckles/color. Only one was fertalized. Thismorning i had my first layers egg its was bigger than any others, and had a baby egg with a different appearance also. So im at the point I think i may have 4 laying as of today finding the new one. Am i wrong with this idea? It just seems hard to imagine all these came from just 2 hens now with all the differences and heat we have had.

Wish it would freaking stop raining!

Rant over.

1f635.png

Back
Top Bottom