calling any one from missouri

reading over the last few pages on here, wow, that wasp sting sounds awful!! Thanks for sharing, those home made remedies sound great! I, too do not like to go to ANY Dr., and I work in the medical field as well. And the info. on weed killers is helpful as well. I've tried using the vinegar/salt/dawn mixture this year with pitiful results...some wilting but the plant comes back again, I was mainly spraying poison ivy and blackberry brambles...hard to pull those kinds of weeds! I'll keep following....

thumbsup.gif

Also, Welcome to MOland those who have moved here from other places!!

welcome-byc.gif

@elorraine52 , have you tried bringing the salt, vinegar,and Dawn to a boil before pouring it on the vegetation? When I used it, I poured about a gallon or more on the volunteer elm tree and bush I wanted to kill and it worked. I would imagine with deep roots such as blackberries and raspberries have you would have to saturate the ground for it to soak in.

In talking to people, I'm hearing that the wasps have been bad this year and many have experienced stings. Maybe once the weather settles and the monsoons stop, so will they!

@elorraine52
, have you tried bringing the salt, vinegar,and Dawn to a boil before pouring it on the vegetation? When I used it, I poured about a gallon or more on the volunteer elm tree and bush I wanted to kill and it worked. I would imagine with deep roots such as blackberries and raspberries have you would have to saturate the ground for it to soak in.

In talking to people, I'm hearing that the wasps have been bad this year and many have experienced stings. Maybe once the weather settles and the monsoons stop, so will they!

You might also try drilling some deep holes close to the main stem/root zone. Then pour the solution down the holes getting closer to the "bottom" of the roots. In some really tough plants, even if there's just a hint bit of root still alive, it will regenerate. Evil things I tell ya ;-)

@ocapI didn't see anything about live chickens but it's ok. Found someone just down the road from me who had one right about the age we were looking for. Thanks!

Last year, I got stung my two bees. One on the shoulder and one on the arm. The next week, I was caring for my tomatoes and looked up just to see a wasp dive bomb me. He must have gotten me five times on the other arm. WOW! Wasps are way worse than bees. This year I haven't been bait.

HEY EVERYONE!!! We just got our first two green eggs from our Ameracaunas. Ehhh. Amazing. I'm so excited for more. This is our first year with chickens and we have had about half of them turn into roosters. We have gotten rid of about ten. Irritating since you pay extra for pullets. 90% ... mhmm. Anyway, we have 15 chickens that are between 6 months and 4 months. Then we have two leghorns and two astrolorps that are five months. We also just got four lavender orpingtons, one rooster on purpose. I'm so excited. They will be separating them and telling fertilized eggs and chicks. Preorders of course. We got an olive egger who is also around the seven week mark. The last three are bantam golden laced wyandottes and a porcalain d'uncle. These three have the most personality of all the other chickens. They are awesome!!!!

Well, just wanted to check in y'all. Have a great day and happy hatching.

Back
Top Bottom