calling any one from missouri

There must have been a fairy in the coop! A sign of good luck!
View attachment 1842290 View attachment 1842291 View attachment 1842292

@SueT

Next time you get one of these you’re apparently ‘sposta throw it on the roof

;)

596E7941-5BBE-4368-AB48-C03D1B2F0435.jpeg

Last edited:
When we were talking about chipmunks and related animals a while back, I was trying to find this pic of a fox squirrel...this is the only kind we have here on the farm. They are orangish, very large. And shy. They don't usually come close to the house. Do any of you have these?

fox squirrel.png

Hello fellow Missourians. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might find an adult female duck as a new companion for the one I have. She is a 4 year old pekin female and a raccoon killed her "sister" last night. I know the farm/feed stores usually do duck/chick days but I'm not sure if ducklings are the way to go. I would love another female pekin for her but I'm open to anything. I wanted to check and see if anyone knew of anyone that had a female duck that needed a second home before buying babies, just to give them a second chance. Any suggestions, information, ideas, anything is appreciated.

When we were talking about chipmunks and related animals a while back, I was trying to find this pic of a fox squirrel...this is the only kind we have here on the farm. They are orangish, very large. And shy. They don't usually come close to the house. Do any of you have these?

View attachment 1848951
I just call them red tree rats.
I get a few of the red ones. . .mostly the gray.
They are a pita.

Hello fellow Missourians. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might find an adult female duck as a new companion for the one I have. She is a 4 year old pekin female and a raccoon killed her "sister" last night. I know the farm/feed stores usually do duck/chick days but I'm not sure if ducklings are the way to go. I would love another female pekin for her but I'm open to anything. I wanted to check and see if anyone knew of anyone that had a female duck that needed a second home before buying babies, just to give them a second chance. Any suggestions, information, ideas, anything is appreciated.
I wish I could help but. The only females I have to spare are little call ducks.

View attachment 1848951

That’s a nice shot!

Yep we have them... they never seem as plentiful as the grays... and tend to like more field edges and less woods than the grays.

The fox squirrels don’t cause me the trouble like the grays do...

A few years back, not far from here, I saw two fox squirrels that had black heads and black feet... they were pretty striking!

In the south east fox squirrels are a different subspecies that look like this:

I have some ducks but they’re only about 3 weeks old, so I’m not sure who is what...

My sister has some ducks that are very pretty... I forget exactly but they’re about 8-10 weeks old

They’re Blue Swede breeds, but are a pretty silver color... if that’s something you’d be interested in I could ask her... she’s about 90 minutes from St. Louis... there is a small animal swap this weekend here, too... not sure if there will be any ducks there though

86C9D717-B140-4682-AA48-581A02057110.jpeg

That’s a nice shot!

Yep we have them... they never seem as plentiful as the grays... and tend to like more field edges and less woods than the grays.

The fox squirrels don’t cause me the trouble like the grays do...

A few years back, not far from here, I saw two fox squirrels that had black heads and black feet... they were pretty striking!

In the south east fox squirrels are a different subspecies that look like this:
Ok. . that's pretty danged cute right there.
Until it bites your leg off I'm sure.

I like watching the squirrels. . they are cute and funny. But we have so many pecan trees around us they are just way too thick.
The house I used to live in just down the street from me was infested with them. They chewed holes in the walls I kid you not.
One time I got up in the night to use the potty. . and a squirrel fell from the ceiling in the water heater closet and almost ran up in my lap!

Back
Top Bottom