calling any one from missouri

Daddy visits his offspring. With Trixie, who is the egg mother of one of them:
View attachment 2168028
They are 2 1/2 weeks. Somehow all 7 can still fit under Mama.
View attachment 2168029
The 3 1/2 week old 'Sprights' , in the brooder, will be moving out soon. They are big gangly kids now. You can already tell the one on the left is a cockerel. And probably the next one too. The Spitzhaubens are below, out of the picture. This group will have a run parallel to Moonshine's chicks, who are their siblings.
View attachment 2168031

they’re really getting big too!

I think those would be ‘asiatic lilies’...

There are asiatic lilies, oriental lilies and day lilies... but then there are some hybrids between the three also

We have this little weed all over... it’s called ‘Asiatic DayFlower’... but I always want to say day lily

View attachment 2168153
I really like those little blue wildflowers...if you look at them straight on, you see they're heart shaped..
flower.jpg

I really like those little blue wildflowers...if you look at them straight on, you see they're heart shaped..
View attachment 2168607

I don’t mind them... I’m pretty sure I read in the Missouri edible plants book that they are edible... or part of them are....

Our concrete chicken likes to hide in them
33BA016A-2D17-481A-90A5-99D6F1C8B0F5.jpeg

found some more weeds/wildflowers blooming here at the house

This one is called “Clasping Venus’ Looking Glass“... I have to look it up every year... that name doesn’t stick in my memory
86FC23BB-8897-42F6-86C8-0D0A5C78140A.jpeg

Yarrow
BBD9601C-13D1-433E-8EC9-56E03B54D3CE.jpeg

daisy
DA165C36-9D9E-47DA-932A-56FAB545D5A4.jpeg

Mini coop progress. For roofing we used leftover bituminous film we saved almost 20 years ago when we used it on a flat roof house. It sticks to roof and to itself so no nails are needed. There are 2 layers. It sticks like it's new, what a relief.
Tomorrow we'll put it in place and paint it, then add the door and vents. Oh yeah, and a run parallel to the main run. Chicks will be 4 weeks. Maybe they can move in on their 'birthday.' That was the plan....
mini coop progress.jpg mini coop progress3.jpg mini coop progress2.jpg
mini coop progress4.jpg mini coop progress5.jpg

Mini coop progress. For roofing we used leftover bituminous film we saved almost 20 years ago when we used it on a flat roof house. It sticks to roof and to itself so no nails are needed. There are 2 layers. It sticks like it's new, what a relief.
Tomorrow we'll put it in place and paint it, then add the door and vents. Oh yeah, and a run parallel to the main run. Chicks will be 4 weeks. Maybe they can move in on their 'birthday.' That was the plan....
View attachment 2170528 View attachment 2170531 View attachment 2170529
View attachment 2170532 View attachment 2170534
Very nice sue!

Back
Top Bottom