calling any one from missouri

Hmmm... maybe, lol

she’s been running this route since 1989 ... which means she probably delivered my selective service notification to this old house, back then ...

when we moved back here to the old place... it was a comfort to know that somethings remain the same...

she’s always looked out for all the old folks on the route... including my dad when he achieved that status...

A couple years back I was giving the eye to an old wooden dowl ‘chicken coop’ over at an auction and looked up to see who was watching ( figuring they’d be my competition) and it was her, lol...

I didn’t bid against her... and she got a heck of a bargain... it was destined to become a coffee table as i recall...

i do love our mail carrier, if she retires to Hawaii... I’m probably following her there 😉
There are just certain people who make life all the better for having known them.
My milk man called me today outta the blue...twas sure good to hear his voice!
He was the driver for the last 15 years I've worked at the school.
He retired earlier this last school year. Haven't seen him in months.
He's just the kind of fella that you cannot talk to without smiling and laughing.
I sure miss seeing him every week. We always had some great laughs.

Spot lighting in the tomato plants this morning I picked 3 tomatoes and 2 tobacco hornworms... they seem to be a bit easier to spot at 4:30 AM in the dark with a strong flash light.

Edit: talking to a buddy in Tacoma (he works nights) he suggested a 365 nm UV light as most bugs glow under UV light!

JT

Last edited:
Spot lighting in the tomato plants this morning I picked 3 tomatoes and 2 tobacco hornworms... they seem to be a bit easier to spot at 4:30 AM in the dark with a strong flash light.

Edit: talking to a buddy in Tacoma (he works nights) he suggested a 365 nm UV light as most bugs glow under UV light!

JT

You have ‘maters already!?... you must be living life right!

is that off a plant you over wintered?

You have ‘maters already!?... you must be living life right!

is that off a plant you over wintered?

Yes, it's on the plants I nurtured all winter and protected from the cold when it hit. They are 6' tall and loaded down with tomatoes. I've been picking a hand full each day of cherry tomatoes. I'll get a photo today.

JT

thank goodness that dry spell is over 🤪

8C75776D-78B2-4A72-A108-9C34FC9EA665.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom