calling any one from missouri

It’s a perfect evening here in this neck of the woods... katydids are bragging about what they done did, a cicada try’s to compete every once in a while, the yard rabbit tips his hat as he works the clover, and a tree frog is purring just so we don’t forget he’s got a stake in all of this ...

Well it’s perfect outside... I hear Mrs. Zark scolding the rebellious kitten about climbing out of the ‘thunder dome’ 🙄... I gotta go reinforce something

Last edited:
E79C011F-2D94-4D9D-BB0B-884E8911E383.jpeg
The plant in the background is the tomatillo plant. I have 2 of them because they are self sterile.
49159A21-818D-4EE2-8A00-F3AFB0638E04.jpeg
Bee on a tomatillo flower.

View attachment 2240821The plant in the background is the tomatillo plant. I have 2 of them because they are self sterile.View attachment 2240842 Bee on a tomatillo flower.

I only know tomatillos from the market...I’ve never even thought about growing them... i first knew it was a thing when I lived in AZ as a young man... but I used to get them in the KC area easily... I don’t find them in the store here though... you’re gonna convince me to try growing them next year if you’re not careful 😉

Red alert!!!!🚨

another alien invaders... this one was smaller but flew into the garage as we were playing ‘five kittens put away, where the heck is number six? ”... 🥴

luckily Eleanor has level three space invader training and trapped it in the cardboard kitten jungle gym... we might rename her Scully 😉

Wait a second... I just returned from dealing with the one kitten that has somehow watched every episode of the 1960/70’s Mission Impossible TV series ... and realized my picture didn’t post earlier...

Here’s the further proof that we’re being invaded by alien life forms, and our cats are keeping us from being overtaken 😉
D0F4F5EF-E5EE-4ABE-B027-97E860859893.jpeg

D0F4F5EF-E5EE-4ABE-B027-97E860859893.jpeg

Wait a second... I just returned from dealing with the one kitten that has somehow watched every episode of the 1960/70’s Mission Impossible TV series ... and realized my picture didn’t post earlier...

Here’s the further proof that we’re being invaded by alien life forms, and our cats are keeping us from being overtaken 😉 View attachment 2240894

View attachment 2240894
Uuugggghhhhh!!
Creepy bugs :hit

It is in fact was a beautiful evening and quite a lovely night after the last few days of being soooo hot.
Mason finally convinced me to come out and play a while.
I've been staying inside in the AC for the last few days miserable with poison ivy. 🌿🌿🌿
It's been awful.

Uhhhg... I used to never get the itchy poison ... now I hafta tiptoe around it 😐

I don’t know... unless birds spread some seeds maybe?

You might look up ‘horse nettle’...

my MIL sent a picture yesterday asking ‘what’s this’? ... and it was a horse nettle ( we call it ‘wild night shade’)

There are a couple varieties and they are very ‘tomitillo’ looking to me but no husk ... and have little fruit that look like little yellow tomatoes... they are in the night shade family like tomatoes, but are poisonous

Edit: also I found something on the power line last year that had a husk on it ... it was called a ‘ground cherry’ but I don’t recall what it looked like other than the husk... but that might be something to look into also
There may be more than one kind of tomatillos. You can buy them in stores that sell Hispanic foods. My mom used to cook with them.

Back
Top Bottom