calling any one from missouri

24º here, and these clouds at sunrise
sunrise clouds.jpg

The poop table and perch was just too small as the Cinnamon Queens got to full size so I added a west wing to the table.
10-25-20-01.jpg
11-08-20-01.jpg

I added a second smaller piece of MDF to the table but the joint didn't line up well due to the original MDF swelling a bit and warping from less than ideal poop attacks. So step one was to replace the front board with a single board all the way across.
poop-tray-04.jpg

Step two was to knit two pieces of MDF together to make a 10' long piece. I edge glued the two pieces together then added doublers to the joint and around the permiter. Then a coat of sanding sealer and two coats of polyurethane to seal the wood from poop attacks.
poop-tray-06.jpg

Step three was to get it in place, so I managed to get it down to the coop by myself without breaking it then called my buddy Rickey to help put it in... not much room to maneuver a 10' x 32" board in an 8' x 12' coop but we managed.
poop-tray-07.jpg

JT

WARM! 70º! This, our last warm day. Winter returns tomorrow.
A bunch of Barton county officials, from hospital, health dept, mayors, aldermen, commissioners,etc, today issued a statement warning people that Covid is exponentially rising here and urging us to heed all the CDC precautions.
:oops:
So grateful to be isolated out here with our chickens............

WARM! 70º! This, our last warm day. Winter returns tomorrow.
A bunch of Barton county officials, from hospital, health dept, mayors, aldermen, commissioners,etc, today issued a statement warning people that Covid is exponentially rising here and urging us to heed all the CDC precautions.
:oops:
So grateful to be isolated out here with our chickens............
It's a B. E. A. -utiful day!

Back
Top Bottom