calling any one from missouri

We’re in that strip of north zone to the south as well.

I was looking up average last frost date the other day, and I put in my zip code to the old farmers almanac site...

our zip code is a rural/unincorporated one with no actual town ... so the site showed data for the weather station in the town to our east ( about 12 miles away by road)

The date was May 6th!

so I put in the the zip code to the town to the west ( also about 12 miles from us by road) ... and the date was April 15th, which is the date I was expecting...

these two towns are only about 14 miles apart as the crow flies, but the May 6th one is on the river in a valley and the other is up higher on historic prairie ground

I thought that was pretty interesting... here’s the link in case anyone wants to check their zip code

https://www.almanac.com/gardening/frostdates

I checked mine and I'm glad I used the Missouri guide that link said April 6th and all my plants would have froze.

JT
Whoa! That’s really early... I was just talking to my buddy who farms full time (corn and soybeans) and he said May 1st is the date he uses for this area.

he also said his corn crop froze, but he thought it would just be set back but he wouldn’t have to replant.

Whoa! That’s really early... I was just talking to my buddy who farms full time (corn and soybeans) and he said May 1st is the date he uses for this area.

he also said his corn crop froze, but he thought it would just be set back but he wouldn’t have to replant.
May 1st is what I usually aim for. The MO extension says 5/15. I don’t think I can wait that late...Hubs always gets really eager to get things planted this time of year. I might be the planter, but I can only take so much pestering. 😉

We’re in that strip of north zone to the south as well.

I was looking up average last frost date the other day, and I put in my zip code to the old farmers almanac site...

our zip code is a rural/unincorporated one with no actual town ... so the site showed data for the weather station in the town to our east ( about 12 miles away by road)

The date was May 6th!

so I put in the the zip code to the town to the west ( also about 12 miles from us by road) ... and the date was April 15th, which is the date I was expecting...

these two towns are only about 14 miles apart as the crow flies, but the May 6th one is on the river in a valley and the other is up higher on historic prairie ground

I thought that was pretty interesting... here’s the link in case anyone wants to check their zip code

https://www.almanac.com/gardening/frostdates
Mine said april 18th.

Back
Top Bottom