calling any one from missouri

35º this morning!
First fire of the fall
616FB83C-4371-4145-A292-12482DD5E74A.jpeg

We are in Poplar Bluff for the weekend. Got here Thursday evening. I plugged space heaters in the living room and the bedroom where we sleep. That plus a couple of blankets kept me snug as a bug😁. Turned the heaters off during the day and turned the one back in in the living room after dinner. Hopefully the rain holds off till tomorrow night! We are supposed to have a guy come replace the melted siding and fix all the soffits and facia.
Last Thursday (last week) when I was down here I had the window AC on at night. 🤣🤣
We took the unit out this evening. I’m thinking it won’t get hot enough for AC until next year. We still have a box fan we can use if we need too.

E99B833C-8D22-4A49-AEC3-216C7277F121.jpeg

This is the only chick that hatched ( by broody hen) this year. It is of course a rooster. 😖 He is number 3 in his coop. He is about the same age as whoever it is on here that also only had 1 chick hatch that also turned out to be a he. Sorry, I can’t remember who it was. 😔
I want to get some more pullets but I don’t think it would be fair to my hubby to get them now since I’m going out of the country soon and that would mean he would have to take care of them. Chickens and outdoors aren’t his thing. 😁
So I’ll wait till I get back.

We are in Poplar Bluff for the weekend. Got here Thursday evening. I plugged space heaters in the living room and the bedroom where we sleep. That plus a couple of blankets kept me snug as a bug😁. Turned the heaters off during the day and turned the one back in in the living room after dinner. Hopefully the rain holds off till tomorrow night! We are supposed to have a guy come replace the melted siding and fix all the soffits and facia.
Last Thursday (last week) when I was down here I had the window AC on at night. 🤣🤣
We took the unit out this evening. I’m thinking it won’t get hot enough for AC until next year. We still have a box fan we can use if we need too.
It's already raining cats and dogs here. Ugly day. Blah.

The 3 workers (a dad, his son and his nephew) all showed up around 10 or 10:30. They got all the siding that was melted taken down and replaced!! 🎉
They also got a good start on taking down and redoing the soffits and facia that the other guy had bungled so badly. 😤
They will be back tomorrow around 8:00. Fortunately, the rain forecasted has been pushed back until evening! ❤️
I’m going to go pick up my son and 3 grandsons tomorrow. I’ll drop my son off to help my hubby put up drywall and I will take the 3 grandsons to Arkansas to Pumpkin Hollow. We’ve never been before but it sounds like they should have a lot of fun! ( ages 10, 7 and 4).

Back
Top Bottom