calling any one from missouri

B72DA31D-CF7D-4C3B-8CF4-9135535E1102.jpeg
C2096B27-EE78-40E1-838C-6E24C38C6F73.jpeg
7F4EA013-AD4B-4E30-AF6F-4A24FC9B7249.jpeg

Just a couple of pictures from Pumpkin Hollow. Only 2 grandsons ended up going. They had a blast! We spent 4 hours there!

Glad to hear that everyone came thorough the storms alright! Closest one to us was in Purdin which is 60-ish miles west and a bit south from us. I stood out in the field and watched the storm move to the north and thought the clouds looked a bit peculiar.

Sure enough came in and we listened to our 2meter HAM radio and the HAMs in Chillicothe were talking about the twister hitting a propane depot and an occupied house. Nobody injured but the family in the house got trapped inside and had to be helped.

It can always be so much worse.

But now that we got through what is probably going to be the last severe summer like weather we get to look forward to those delightful ice storms followed by the even more delightful snow events, and wind chill warnings.

Only 6 months till Spring!

Cinder blocks are porous so you might need to paint the outside with some concrete paint or water block paint.

Seems like I'm getting more and more projects to work on at the industrial park... not that I'm complaining too much the pay is good but I'd like to get some things done around the house too.

Gotta batten down the hatches for tonight here...

JT

Cinder blocks are porous so you might need to paint the outside with some concrete paint or water block paint.

Seems like I'm getting more and more projects to work on at the industrial park... not that I'm complaining too much the pay is good but I'd like to get some things done around the house too.

Gotta batten down the hatches for tonight here...

JT
I’ve coated the whole outside of the wall with Flex Seal but it hasn’t made much if any difference. 😞
I’m guessing I need to coat the inside of the wall as well. 🤷‍♀️

We had pretty good rain and wind the night of the storms too, but no hail and thank God, no tornados either. The dogs were not too crazy about the whole deal but just slept in the basement with The Man and me. If we'd had a lower level to hide in, they would have gladly gone there, but they survived! Afterwards, they assured me their only concern was to keep us safe, and I assured them that I believed them. 😆

I just need a functioning bathroom with washer and dryer and I'll gladly move to the schoolhouse. I have plenty ways to cook without the oven.
Well..heat I suppose would be nice too. 🤪
Air conditioning..that's a luxury.
I could survive a while without it.
I lived in a two-room shack once when I was young and foolish that had only electricity, so it had lights and a little refrigerator. Running water was the creek (maybe it was an irrigation ditch; not sure, I was a city girl) that ran in front of the house. "Conveniences" consisted of an outhouse behind the house, er, shack. Heat and cooking came from a large wood-burning Monarch stove. And this all took place in Montana. It gets bloomin' cold in Montana.

Back
Top Bottom