calling any one from missouri

The Lamar Christmas parade was short and sweet. They went around the town square. It was pretty dark out and not everyone was well lit, but anyway....it consisted of the high school band, every emergency vehicle in the county flashing their lights, a tire dealerā€™s float with a Christmas tree made out of tires, a couple of antique tractors pulling lit up wagons, a church float with kids dressed up in a Nativity scene, a miniature horse pulling a lit up cart, 2 people w dogs dressed in lights, 2 horseback riders, and a horse pulling a lit up carriage.
It took 11 minutes. Then the band members walked back to the school and we walked alongside them back to our car.
The only pic I took was of the courthouse...
View attachment 2924411I do appreciate our small town, and its charming traditions.
Did you guys have bad weather last night? All I'm hearing is about Kentucky...

We were up in Wentzville at dinner with 2 of my kids and their families. Phone alerts were going off like crazy. The restaurant finally asked everyone to move away from the windows and offered for people to take shelter in the basement and bathrooms. Some did, some didnā€™t. Then when it looked like it was all clear we went back to eat.
Phone alerts went off several more times.
On the way home as we were near Booneā€™s Crossing we saw about 14 cars off the road and lots of emergency vehicles. After I got home I saw on a news feed that they think a tornado went across the road there and damaged some cars.
So apparently we werenā€™t too far from some bad spots. But everyone in our group made it home and their homes were safe too. We came from 3 different directions. We were basically between Defiance and St. Charles when we were the closest to a dangerous area.

offered for people to take shelter in the basement and bathrooms. Some did, some didnā€™t.
Watching the news reports, I wondered about warnings. A man from the Mayfield candle factory said, Yeah we knew it was coming, we just didnā€™t think it would be that bad.
I donā€™t know if they actually had anywhere to shelter though, but your story about how some in the restaurant took shelter and some didnā€™t is another example that not everyone takes storm warnings seriously.

Itā€™s a rare occurrence for anywhere to have tornadoes in Dec. (and the Joplin tornado was in May. May 22, 2011).
The times they are aā€˜changin.......
Oops, thank you and sorry. I must have cornfused it with a twister that hit central IL in the fall the same year I think. It was in November so I got that month wrong too.....duh.

That's what I thought. I remember vaguely reading that fall tornados generally don't pack much of a punch.

Oops, thank you and sorry. I must have cornfused it with a twister that hit central IL in the fall the same year I think. It was in November so I got that month wrong too.....duh.

That's what I thought. I remember vaguely reading that fall tornados generally don't pack much of a punch.
All the rules seem to be out the window, whether drought, fires, flood, blizzards, hurricanes or tornadoes. The only things that have not changed is volcanoes and earthquakes, and that's because they play by no rules anyway. Humph, listen to me, Ms Doom n Gloom. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom