calling any one from missouri

We just got back from a nice ride to Eminence for hot dogs, cheese fries (they were out of tator tots) and a waffle cone coated with chocolate.

Eminence attracts a wide variety of folks, a few need to be told not to wear skin tight stretch pants... might make someone ill if they accidentally look.

JT
I went to a little kids pagent today in Lamar and saw one worse than that get up on the stage with her kid JT.
I was happy there wasn't food or drink allowed in the auditorium. I might have choked laughing. 🤣

The other day I bought 480 pounds of apple corn from Orscheln that was on sale for 1/2 price. I thought what a bargain... until I opened a bag to find it was infested with weevils.

So after some searching and experimenting on the little buggers I concluded that they can be killed without harming the corm. So I became the Evil Weevil Killing Machine. I have a metal bucket with a pipe in the center so the thickness of the corn is only about 4". Then I cook it in my pottery kiln at 250°F for 2 hours after that they are depopulated. A full bucket of corn provides enough insulation for them to go to the center and not get killed. They are some tough litter buggers for sure. I also concluded that white vinegar will kill them on the outside of the bag.

JT

The other day I bought 480 pounds of apple corn from Orscheln that was on sale for 1/2 price. I thought what a bargain... until I opened a bag to find it was infested with weevils.

So after some searching and experimenting on the little buggers I concluded that they can be killed without harming the corm. So I became the Evil Weevil Killing Machine. I have a metal bucket with a pipe in the center so the thickness of the corn is only about 4". Then I cook it in my pottery kiln at 250°F for 2 hours after that they are depopulated. A full bucket of corn provides enough insulation for them to go to the center and not get killed. They are some tough litter buggers for sure. I also concluded that white vinegar will kill them on the outside of the bag.

JT
You’re a potter too?

This all looked so nice just a few days ago. :barnie
20220320_184002_HDR.jpg

We only got 1/4” of rain from the previous system. We are expecting 2 or 3 inches w this next one coming within a hour or so. You can hear the thunder now. We’ve all been out cutting grass and weeds in advance of the anticipated growth spurt....and we are wearing winter jackets! A9AEE0ED-E422-4C92-9E71-7BEE13978B8D.jpeg

We only got 1/4” of rain from the previous system. We are expecting 2 or 3 inches w this next one coming within a hour or so. You can hear the thunder now. We’ve all been out cutting grass and weeds in advance of the anticipated growth spurt....and we are wearing winter jackets! View attachment 3091835
I'm southeast of you a bit, still bone dry here this morning but it's looking ominous

We only got 1/4” of rain from the previous system. We are expecting 2 or 3 inches w this next one coming within a hour or so. You can hear the thunder now. We’ve all been out cutting grass and weeds in advance of the anticipated growth spurt....and we are wearing winter jackets! View attachment 3091835
My grass weeds are a foot tall but I need to pick up branches before I can mow...

JT

Back
Top Bottom