calling any one from missouri

A while back the Cinnamon Queens decided to peck Lucy's head until it was covered with blood, when I saw that I put her in protective custody. That's Lucy on the right and Betty Boop on the left.
Lucy and Betty Boop.jpg
Well one or more CQ's were getting on Pee Wee's back and scratching her feathers out so she went into protective custody. This is Pee Wee.
PeeWee.jpg

Well then I noticed Betty Boop just constantly chasing the other CQ's and pecking them so she got to go to chicken jail.

I could let one at a time out in their area then finally one day Lucy and Betty Boop were out together and Lucy told Betty Boop this pecking is going to stop. So then after a while I could finally let all 3 out into their little area...

Their area is inside the Rhode Island Reds yard and one day Betty Boop pushed the gate open and went out exploring... more drama.

Lucy's head has mostly healed up and I see some feathers starting on Pee Wee's wing, Betty Boop is still mostly naked under and on her back side (she may be over grooming).

This is Tu Tu and she's a bit camera shy.
Tu Tu.jpg

This is Trudy
Trudy.jpg

This is Sweet Pea, she had frostbite a couple of winters back and she is the gang leader. She likes to visit the CQ's quarters and sit in a kennel.
Sweet Pea.jpg

Getting tired of the older Reds chasing the Queens and Sweet Pea being the worst, she showed me that we have a failure to communicate.

Some therapy with the water hose and for the most part the 6 are getting along, I just have separate them when they get sprouts or chicken crack.

All 6 are using the RIR's nest box which I "think" is a good sign.

The Cinnamon Queens have the biggest coop and the smallest yard and the Rhode Island Reds have the smallest coop and the biggest yard... I'm hoping removing 3 from the Queens will give them a bit more room and they will quit pulling feathers.

So our local burger and ice cream joint added a thing called ‘Dole Whip’… one of the flavors of which was pineapple…

Is this the same thing?

I’ve been to Pittsburgh, KS but only for business… and I don’t recall expensing any pineapple anythings… but it’s been a while. 🤔

So our local burger and ice cream joint added a thing called ‘Dole Whip’… one of the flavors of which was pineapple…

Is this the same thing?

I’ve been to Pittsburgh, KS but only for business… and I don’t recall expensing any pineapple anythings… but it’s been a while. 🤔
Pineapple Whip is out of Springfield. I believe they have 3 ‘locations’ there for their mobile stands. Then they set up at big events, including the state fair, so for them to come over to our neck of the woods is a big deal. Probably Dole Whip is a copycat recipe, I’ve seen something else similar. The original whip is non dairy, and mostly sugar. Kind of like soft serve sorbet, I guess that’s what it is. They say they’ve been around since 1974.
🍍

Back
Top Bottom