calling any one from missouri

Most everything here has big enough or enough waterers etc to hold 2 or 3 days worth. I've been hitting everyone twice a day not cause they're out but just for the fact that their water feels so warm.
Wicked fun trying to spend any real amount of time outside doing anything very laborious.
Yes, I also have multiple water sources everywhere and have yet to have anything run completely dry. I mean more along the lines of it being so miserable to do anything outside I get tired out a lot faster trying to get stuff done. 🤪

My hens have pretty much a shaded area and we have topped out at 99°F some days.

I've been giving my hens MannPro Hydro-Hen 3 in 1 probiotics, electrolytes and acidifiers since last year.

Tree guys dropped a dead twin white oak that was in front of the house so I need to get it cut up into rounds asap. Did some work for the first time in 2 weeks cutting rounds... felt pretty good working but it got too hot by 10am to do any more.

Uugghh. That sounds pretty terrible.
Definitely not ideal. We have a spring I normally get the animals water from but it's nearly dried up, I would loveee a good rain, it has sprinkled here one time in the past month o.o

/////////////

Had raccoon for dinner, it taste surprisingly like beef in a roast!

Definitely not ideal. We have a spring I normally get the animals water from but it's nearly dried up, I would loveee a good rain, it has sprinkled here one time in the past month o.o

/////////////

Had raccoon for dinner, it taste surprisingly like beef in a roast!
My grandpa used to do a lot of trapping and he always said it wasn't bad to eat. Maybe I'll try it some day.

My grandpa used to do a lot of trapping and he always said it wasn't bad to eat. Maybe I'll try it some day.
There is alot of connective tissue so the longer you cook it low the better. I par-boiled the meat in water with vinegar, hotsauce and a little sugar for half an hour to get rid of any gamey taste then put it in a pot with all the good seasonings, carrots, corn, peas, onion and potatoes and let it simmer an hour then I stripped the meat from the bones and let it cook another 30 minutes. If I had to do it again I would have diced the meat a little better. Really Just so my son could eat it easier

There is alot of connective tissue so the longer you cook it low the better. I par-boiled the meat in water with vinegar, hotsauce and a little sugar for half an hour to get rid of any gamey taste then put it in a pot with all the good seasonings, carrots, corn, peas, onion and potatoes and let it simmer an hour then I stripped the meat from the bones and let it cook another 30 minutes. If I had to do it again I would have diced the meat a little better. Really Just so my son could eat it easier
I think I could probably eat about any kind of meat slow cooked with a can of mushroom soup on it.
But I figured a coon is probably more trouble than what it's worth.

Sorry photo heavy... tree guys cut down a twin white oak yesterday. I managed to get the hoe out and cut a bit of the upper trunk into rounds yesterday morning before it got too hot.

The Tree Guy
twin-oak-01.jpg

The larger of the two trunks... on the ground and safe if not exactly in a good spot.
twin-oak-02.jpg

What I cut yesterday... not a lot of firewood there but it's a start
twin-oak-09.jpg

So this morning in about 2 1/2 hours I bucked up both trees into rounds while N picked up branches. It took 3 chainsaws and a hoe and a determined old geezer to get it done.
twin-oak-03.jpg
twin-oak-04.jpg

The prize at the end of the tunnel.
twin-oak-05.jpg
twin-oak-06.jpg
twin-oak-07.jpg

I still need to noodle the base into two then buck it up... saving that for another day.
twin-oak-08.jpg

Stay cool...

JT

Back
Top Bottom