calling any one from missouri

Tiger lilies!

During that dry spell this spring my “pet” doe ate most of the buds off our Tiger lilles, so most didn’t bloom this year 🙄

But this one did well. It tends to bloom more pale and get darker. I’m guessing because it’s in dappled shade.

View attachment 3585052

In other blooms news, some of the surprise lilies are up, and have been for several days, which seems really early… but I guess they wanted to live up to their name. 😉

View attachment 3585055

The birds that don’t know the words have been keeping the trumpet vine a buzz with activity.

View attachment 3585056
View attachment 3585074

And I saw this interesting wild flower Wednesday evening when Mrs Zark snd I stopped in a little wilderness area to have a picnic. It was new to me, but apparently it’s called Culver’s Root. The bumble bees and flutter flies sure liked it.

View attachment 3585075
Love the flowers, OZB!

Today I moved the hen and her chicks to an empty coop, so they’d have more space, more ventilation, more privacy, and access to a private run (in a few days). Within minutes they were happily stretching their legs and wings, and eating/drinking. And I have my chicken-watching chair outside in the shade so I can watch them while drinking my iced tea…. FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_4930.jpeg

But I was looking at the large version of that other one you have online a while back. I liked the large capacity because we go through a gallon a day here, sometimes more.

How easy is it to clean?

LOL, I don't clean them but if your talking about the one with the red bottom I "think" she just rinses it out.

JT

LOL, I don't clean them but if your talking about the one with the red bottom I "think" she just rinses it out.

JT

I think we as a group are always one step behind JT here on the MO thread 😃

Here’s how it works on this pile of rocks…

Mrs. : I love seeing the birds that don’t know the words

Me: I also love that

Mrs. : there’s 50 bird’s that don’t know the word out there, what if 53 show up? ☺️

Me: we should make sure the feeders are kept full more often or get larger capacity feeders

… 3 weeks later: 900 birds that don’t know the words showed up:

Me: I feel like that JT fella has this figured out 🤔

Today I moved the hen and her chicks to an empty coop, so they’d have more space, more ventilation, more privacy, and access to a private run (in a few days). Within minutes they were happily stretching their legs and wings, and eating/drinking. And I have my chicken-watching chair outside in the shade so I can watch them while drinking my iced tea….View attachment 3586446
View attachment 3586443
View attachment 3586449
MamaBird be so pretty! Nice setup.

Our Lamar Orschelns transition to TSC is almost complete/. It’s an older building, so it isn’t shiny and new, but they have kinds of feed that I buy, whereas Orschelns didn’t. Altho I started buying Kalmbach feed in Carthage, I can go back to Purina or Nutrena for the convenience.

IMG_4910.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom