calling any one from missouri

I keep Old English Game Bantams and never use heat lamps for any of my Birds, Mainly bc if your power went out and that cut off the Birds aren't used to the cold and could die, Also fires are a big hazard
I also keep OEGB and they have done fine other than some got a little frostbite on their combs. I think if I do get the moderns I’ll keep them with my other bantams during the winter and hopefully that will keep their tiny bodies warm. I keep my bantams locked up in large coop when it snows.

How much for a dozen?, You have my interest, I'm towards Lebanon area, I don't know my area to well tho, Lol, I'm younger and don't have a car yet so pickup wouldn't likely be an option lol, I do often go to Jacobs Cave Swap Meet at the lake tho!
Lebanon is about 2 hours from me. I'm hardly getting any eggs at all rigjt now though so unless they crank it up soon i probably would have to wait till spring.
Have you incubated calls before? Mine sometimes need assisitance.

They are just bantam Easter eggers. I had planned to get Ameraucanas, which come in specific colors, including blue, which I wanted, and will always lay blue eggs. EE’s are derived from Ameraucanas, and maybe some Cream Legbar, so are a mixed breed that will hopefully lay blue or green eggs. Fingers crossed on that.
EE’s are various colors, as you probably know they are not sold as any specific color— but I intentionally picked out gray ones hoping to get blue chickens. In the right light, they do look blue. That’s how I got a blue flock.
Many hatcheries, including Heartland, where these came from, call their EE’s ‘Americanas’ (note spelling)
On BYC, Ameraucana enthusiasts will quickly point out to Americana people that their chickens are not a pure breed. 😜 So best to call them EE’s and avoid that whole thing.
EE’s cost about the same as other common breeds, Ameraucanas are a lot more expensive, I had planned to get hatching eggs. That’s another story.
I’m kind of glad I got mere EE’s as it’s easier to spell, and I don’t have to wonder if they meet any standard or not, since there is no standard.
Oh, and like Ameraucanas, they have beards! I love the bearded look!
View attachment 3662171
Thanks, Sue. Am aware of all that about 'caunas, 'canas, etc., and have always had EEs, which I love. Am looking into getting some of the pb's maybe this spring, or at least some hatching eggs. But they have to be LF, at those prices I do NOT want expensive hawk fodder, lol! I have lost a LF hen and a rooster to hawks in the past, but they didn't carry them off, and then never tried again. I suspect they were young hawks that didn't know any better, these losses happened in separate years. Well anyway, your birds are just gorgeous. 🥰

I also keep OEGB and they have done fine other than some got a little frostbite on their combs. I think if I do get the moderns I’ll keep them with my other bantams during the winter and hopefully that will keep their tiny bodies warm. I keep my bantams locked up in large coop when it snows.
I dub my Roosters so frostbite isn't a big problem, Tho with Moderns they might get a bit colder because of thoes long legs and I've heard they have tighter feathers

Thanks, Sue. Am aware of all that about 'caunas, 'canas, etc., and have always had EEs, which I love. Am looking into getting some of the pb's maybe this spring, or at least some hatching eggs. But they have to be LF, at those prices I do NOT want expensive hawk fodder, lol! I have lost a LF hen and a rooster to hawks in the past, but they didn't carry them off, and then never tried again. I suspect they were young hawks that didn't know any better, these losses happened in separate years. Well anyway, your birds are just gorgeous. 🥰
What are PB’s?

I dub my Roosters so frostbite isn't a big problem, Tho with Moderns they might get a bit colder because of thoes long legs and I've heard they have tighter feathers
That’s what I worry about, the cold getting to them. I think I’m going to put a thermometer in the coop with my bantams to see how warm it stays this winter.
I didn’t know anything about dubbing until I started ready about showing moderns and OEGB, and I’ll have to dub my little fawn OEGB cock if I do show him next year.

It curls my toes to think about it, but ... where might one find info on dubbing? It sounds horrible, but ... we had a BJG that suffered something awful from frostbite both on his comb and wattles a couple of winters ago. I like the breed but I'll never have another because of that.

It curls my toes to think about it, but ... where might one find info on dubbing? It sounds horrible, but ... we had a BJG that suffered something awful from frostbite both on his comb and wattles a couple of winters ago. I like the breed but I'll never have another because of that.
There are threads on here about dubbing. It's standard when showing games at poultry shows so there is alot of information available. There are alot of YouTube videos that show very clearly.

Back
Top Bottom