calling any one from missouri

Quote:
How much do you want for her? What color is she and is she bantam or standard? I really don't need another broody, apparently it's contagious and most of my flock is either broody or playing at being broody. I do want a cochin hen though, and am impatient for mine to hatch.

Quote:
How much do you want for her? What color is she and is she bantam or standard? I really don't need another broody, apparently it's contagious and most of my flock is either broody or playing at being broody. I do want a cochin hen though, and am impatient for mine to hatch.

I sent you an e-mail but I'll answer your questions for the loop too... I'm wanting $8 for her and she is a bantam, reddish brown. Cochin but parents were all different colors so she is not "pure" colored breed.
smile.png

we went to the APA show in highland Il yesterday Kaylee's banty polish won champion AOCCL
wee.gif

our east indies drake was BB and reseve champ banty duck
our spangle OEGB hen was BV and RB
my seramas each won BV
my silkies sat in poo on the wav to the show so the whites didn't do so good but the cuckoo was BV

I am on the lookout for a RIR rooster. He must be a nice guy-no mean ones as he will be around children. I sold 4 of my laying hens to a friend today and he wants a RIR rooster to watch over them.

As of today, I have rehomed 9 birds in the last month or so. All birds that we really were not attached to. We really had too many and with the cost of feed what it is, we had to make some tough decisions. I am happy with our group now. After the fair in July, we will probably sell a few more.

The birds were out all day today. They hung out in the shade and panted but I put out bowls of ice water for them. It was funny to see them peck at the ice.

Congrats Muddyhorse!

We are turning in the paperwork for our show birds this week for the county fair. I talked my boys out of showing the feather footed birds because their feet look awful. They were not happy but I told them it gives us something to work on for next year. We may need to stay away from feather footed all together. Too much work to get good foot feathering.

congrats muddyhorse
thumbsup.gif

what do you guys think about buying someone elses old coop??? do you worry about diseases???? what could they catch ect..? We worked on the coop all weekend,done enough to put the huge chicks/pullets out of the brooder...went to put the bantams back in with them and WAR started...soooooo we need to build another coop,buy a new coop or buy an old coop off craigslist
he.gif
........this coop we're building now is taking forever and I don't even want to total up the cost
sad.png
... I think it would just be cheaper to buy one

On a happier note : I Got Feather Extensions last friday
celebrate.gif
and I love them
love.gif

Quote:
Is she still available? I would love another broody. And I would be happy to pay $8. I am having sumatra eggs shipped to me and I need another broody or its incubation and i think a broody is much better.
wink.png

what's kickin´chicken :

congrats muddyhorse
thumbsup.gif

what do you guys think about buying someone elses old coop??? do you worry about diseases???? what could they catch ect..? We worked on the coop all weekend,done enough to put the huge chicks/pullets out of the brooder...went to put the bantams back in with them and WAR started...soooooo we need to build another coop,buy a new coop or buy an old coop off craigslist
he.gif
........this coop we're building now is taking forever and I don't even want to total up the cost
sad.png
... I think it would just be cheaper to buy one

On a happier note : I Got Feather Extensions last friday
celebrate.gif
and I love them
love.gif

thanks
big_smile.png

on the used coop I think it depends on the shape it is in. I recently got some used nest boxes ( they came with the 600 egg incubator) I sprayed them down with bleach water and then seven incase of mites. i would do the same with a used coop.​

Back
Top Bottom