calling any one from missouri

Well, our coop is ALMOST finished!!! We only need to add one more side to the house part and a ladder.

252915_10150196607598085_681003084_7239899_2576877_n.jpg

We have also decided to find a home for our little Barred Rock Bantam Pullets.....they are soooo cute, but we feel that 6 will be a good number for the coop size.
Here is what they look like if anyone is interested....we are located near Downtown St. Louis.
260140_10150199828338085_681003084_7275588_8280553_n.jpg

246946_10150185762433085_681003084_7130975_3803912_n.jpg

I just found this on Craigslist and thought I would share it if anyone wanted to go.

Small animal auction 3rd Saturday of every month. Auction includes poultry, rabbits, Quail, and animals of all shapes and sizes and everything else off the farm.

Take 151 South out of Madison to Monroe Road 1010 or Hwy 63 to Rt M in Moberly to Blacktop Y South 2 miles and follow the signs.

Questions or consignments please call,

Jacob Whitaker 573-473-2951

Taking consignments starting at 8, sale starts at 12 noon.

Not Responsible for accidents or losses and NO Hoof stock.

Lunch and drinks available Great Amish food

Ok so I have been posting in WTB section with no real luck...and have been looking around locally with NO LUCK
hit.gif

I NEED 3 Bantam PULLETS... (Will Buy of course)
I prefer Cochin, frizzle or D'uccle, but any will do. Wanting them to be "Around" 8 weeks old so it is easier to mix with what I have now.

I ended up with to many Roo's so will be getting rid of 2 of my bantam Roo's
sad.png
and they are so sweet too.

I live in the Moberly Missouri area...but can go to Columbia or Macon ( do to disability with my back...that is as far as I can drive without major pain
hit.gif
)

So if ANYONE can Please HELP me...I would Luv ya forever....lol

There was a lady in Hartville that had what i need, but over 2 hours one way is Not an option I have...

Thank you for Anyone that can Help,

Laura

I am in the process of obtaining some show quality silkies, so my pet quality kids must go to make room. They were hatched last March and are truly pets. My kids are not very happy that I am selling them, but they fell in love with the looks of the SQ silkies. I am selling them together as a trio so that "Barry" the rooster does not get eaten (hopefully). If no one here in Mo is interested, I will probably post them here on the auction thread. I would really like it if I didn't have to ship them. PM me for details and price. Here are some pics.
46048_st_6.jpg

46048_st_3.jpg

Quote:
I have D'Uccles that are between 4-6 weeks old. I would love to help you, but I live in Elsberry, that is about 2 hours from you. Let me know if that is close enough.

Thank You , but 1 hour each way is about all i can handle at once....
sad.png

Quote:
I have D'Uccles that are between 4-6 weeks old. I would love to help you, but I live in Elsberry, that is about 2 hours from you. Let me know if that is close enough.

Thank You , but 1 hour each way is about all i can handle at once....
sad.png

The only way I can help is to sell you cochin eggs that have been crossed with the big delawares. Pretty babies but are a bit bigger than regular cochins. You'd have to pay to have eggs shipped to you. The other option is just order chicks and have them sent to you...

Dave

Trauma in the hen house today. We had my son's show rooster put up by himself to let his tail feathers grow longer(phoenix). Well, last night he roosted early in the big house so we let him sleep in there for the night. When I went out to move him today, something had chewed off all his long gorgeous tail feathers.
he.gif
I mean, it looks like someone gave him a haircut. There are no signs of the feathers anywhere in the house so I have concluded that it must have been mice. I think they chewed them off over night and took them back to their nest. We have been working on the mouse problem all spring but its challenging when you can't use chemicals or traps. My son is so upset. I am not sure how much feathering can grow back in a month and a half. So he is now quarantined and will not be let out at all until the week of the fair. At that time, we will decide if he will show him this year, or if we will wait until next year.

It really sucks because last year the rooster my son was planning on showing died of Marek's a month before the fair. UGH!

Anyone have any great solutions for mouse problems? The bags of food are not accessible to them, they simply eat what falls on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom