calling any one from missouri

I, too, have a fan running in my coop. I also have the frozen water bottle inside their waterer. Plus the several inches of shavings on the floor. When I walk inside the coop you can feel a large drop in temp. Although, the hens who are setting are panting, most of the hens go inside when they get too hot. But my coop happens to be two rooms of the old house (over a hundred years old) on the property so it has lots of ventilation and my dh did insulate the north walls of the two rooms so I am sure that helps a bunch. I just sprayed water up into the trees that the turkeys, geese and ducks sit under during the daytime...yes, they freaked out (go figure that one out as the turkey stand in the waterers to cool off and the rest get into the pool and waterers when too hot) but then they run back under the trees and let the cool water drip down on them. I have heard of people turning sprinklers on and the poultry enjoying the water that way but mine would think I was trying to kill them.

Hello everybody. Joined up the other day and thought I'd head over to see what's going on. I live in Southeast Mo about 20 miles from Cape Girardeau. I have a Buff Orp hen that adopted our family in Jan. We bought her a couple of friends this spring, that were supposed to be pullets, but they are both roos. We are now looking to find a couple of hens again.
My family consist of my wife and a son and daughter.
If anyone near me has some young hens that the want to sell let me know.
Look forward to chatting with you all.

Steve

Quote:
Welcome to BYC, Steve and family!
frow.gif

I'm looking for production Rhode Island Red hatching eggs beginning in January. Need to hatch 100 +/- at a time. Know any leads for them?

Janet Hatch
J Squared Farms
NW MO

NPIP 43-727
We raise and show large fowl Buckeyes
Buckeyes ... and only Buckeyes

Hi everyone ~ we are getting rain
celebrate.gif
... a break from the heat !!!!
Well, we found a storage building yesterday, sooooo happy ... was not looking forward to building another building for the bantams...now we just need to find someone to move it for us ... the guy we were going to use says it's too tall for him to haul
sad.png
maybe we can find someone in the next couple of days .... we did get our other coop moved out of the yard,but need to level it up with chat... I would love to stop thinking about chicken coops for awhile... and just enjoy the chickens,the bantams should start laying pretty soon and I want them to have a good home..... chicken math
th.gif

Hi Everyone!

I live in SE MO about 20 miles from Cape Girardeau. I am new to the Backyard Forum and have really been enjoying the site. There are a lot of us "Chicken Lovers" out there. I have a flock of Rhode Island Reds, a second pen of Austrolops, a BEAUTIFUL Golden Duckwing Cubalaya, 2 silkies, 2 silver Seabrights, 4 Peachicks, Texas A&M Quail, Tennessee Red Quail, Georgia Giant Quail, Chukar, and Pekin Duck in the incubator. I spend a lot of time in the barn caring and cleaning up after all my "feathered friends". I also have a wonderful husband who helps by build brooders, pens, water systems, cages etc. for my "bunch". We also have a kennel where we raise, train and show registered Beagles. We have a starting pen where we start puppies both for ourselves and others. We are also in the process of building a 9 acre conditioning pen for them. We show and run in several surrounding states. I also teach at a private Christian school. Overall, we keep pretty busy.

Just wanted to send a Big Hello to all those in MO.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom