calling any one from missouri

No not really. I just would like to get it the day it hatches is all I really care about. I haven't had any luck finding anyone still hatching. Everone has adult ducks, and I can't order one cause I just want one. I think that I am probably just going to have to wait til next spring.

77783_powershot_camera_049.jpg

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
Our sf chickens started laying today
celebrate.gif
4 months and 8 days old (not that I was counting or anything
wink.png
)
yippiechickie.gif

Hi, new member here from Northeast-Central Missouri, live on the family century farm just north of the tiny village of Holliday. We currently have 12 chickens remaining out of the 25 we bought this Spring (the other 13 cockrels got their "spa treatments" and are residing in the big white box in the basement).
smile.png
The assortment is 9 RIR pullets (we bought 10...so much for sexing...90% correct must be right LOL!), 1 RIR cockrel we're keeping ("Freddy"), 1 Buff Orpington pullet (out of the straight run fry pan specials), and 1 Easter Egger cockrel who was too pretty to get rid of. (I'm a softy.)

Also just ordered 25 of the Duke's Special chicks from McMurray Hatchery to arrive next week sometime. We are building a new brooder box for them since we raised the first chicks in a sheep stock tank that was too small!

Have 2 Great Pyrenees/Anatolian mix dogs who think the chickens are just funny dogs, 2 Rat terriers, 7 cats. None of them pay any attention to the chickens which is a good thing!

Will be adding 10 Katahdin ewes as soon as we get our pen for them built!

~Amy

Iloveducks- if you like rouans I will be hatching out some more in a month or so. i normally have a add on CG all the time they just sell fast normally but if you want one just let me know and I can call you when they hatch Im in hillsboro, mo about 30 mins from st .louis.

I just set these eggs yesterday. It's a really crappy repaired little giant. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
The pullets have been laying a little over a month. They've been with a roo this whole time but he doesn't seem real vibrant, really lethargic but he does breed. I have two better roos but being such a rare breed I'm concerned about losing any genes. I'm splitting the pullets and adding the other two roos this week.

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/3/3/b/9/highres_21853241.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom