1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CALLING BLISSCHICK!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  2. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    BUMP

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm not certain, but I think you'd get a splash BLRW, meaning the blue will not be dark.

4. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Don't waste your money on them. They're not very good quality and the color is all wrong. Carri is right, a lot of times they may look whitish, but are really very pale splash. If they are saying that this particular bird really is a white laced, and you mated it to a splash blue lace, you probably would not get very good results. The color on these is very washed out, looks entirely gold, the lacing way too broad or entirely lacking, and the roo doesn't look like he's very good form (although the hen looks good). The red should be anywhere between about the same color as a bay horse and dark reddish brown like a RIR. You can do much better than this. [​IMG]

I'm not even sure what colors you would get with a white laced. I know white masks colors, but I don't know what the genetic results could be because there are many factors involved with BRL lacing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by