Calling my fellow chicken detectives

The other chicks are harder to identify. They could very well be some of the new “Eggers“ that many hatcheries are producing.
The chipmunk striped one could also be many different breeds.
Will be easier to tell once they feather out.
You can likely look forward to some colorful eggs!😊
the chipmunk-style one could be anything. i got an ameraucana the first time i raised one, and the second time i got a welsummer.

I suspect you may have Wyandotte babies in there too… I’ve bred Wyandottes myself and the babies look very similar to some of yours… but would definitely be worth posting more photos as they start to feather out as they change colours so dramatically 🤣

I think your light colored chicks at the top are either wheaten marans or light brahmas. I couldn’t get a good look at the combs. The third chick from the top looks to be a Welsummer. I am not familiar enough with the other breeds on your list to venture a guess on the remaining chicks.

Gosh they're so stinking cute! I see a lot of different egger mixes. Hard to say for sure when they're this young though.

Post updated pics once everyone is fully feathered. That will make it easier to be more accurate!
Thanks and I will upload new pictures in a couple of weeks. Hope you are having a great morning.

These are updated pictures of some of the chicks that I originally posted above. Now that they have feathers I am thinking the first 2 are Welsummer chicks, the white chick is a light Brahma, a lavender Orpington, and the rest EE.
Let me know if you agree or think differently.
One of the white ones looks like it could possibly be a light Sussex

Thank you for the replies and insight… As for the yellow chicks I am thinking maybe Light Brahmas?… The rest I am not sure. I will add more pictures of them in a couple weeks once they are all feathered and see if that helps lock down what they may be.
I guess this is part of the fun of buying them this way….

Back
Top Bottom