Calls vs Mandarins Arguing Thread CHOOSE WISELY

Choose your team

• Total voters
Pics
I'm here! - But i have neither Mandarins nor call ducks, so no experience with those.
Ah ha! So you should choose Mandarin! Just look how pretty they are!
1609739461432.png

Ah ha! So you should choose Mandarin! Just look how pretty they are!
View attachment 2474964
My objective is to have happy birds that are able to live a mostly natural life. My ducks don't have to wear diapers and clean their feet because they will not come into the house (Unless they are really, really sick!) so they can play in the endless mud-flats around the house, poop whenever and wherever they want, drill holes, poop more and drink dirty puddle water.
Now Mandarin Ducks are beautiful animals, but keeping them appropriately requires a lot of effort. Too much for my budget and available time.

Now to devastate everybody on this thread, if i had an unlimited budget at hand and enough time, i would still not choose to care for Mandarin ducks! - Because they are not native to the North American Continent! They have been introduced from Asia and escaped Mandarin Ducks have started to crossbreed with the native ducks from here, foremost with the beautiful Wood Duck:
1609740286844.png

So i would divert my resources to this native species instead of the Mandarin duck.

😜 Now y'all beat me up… :oops:

My objective is to have happy birds that are able to live a mostly natural life. My ducks don't have to wear diapers and clean their feet because they will not come into the house (Unless they are really, really sick!) so they can play in the endless mud-flats around the house, poop whenever and wherever they want, drill holes, poop more and drink dirty puddle water.
Now Mandarin Ducks are beautiful animals, but keeping them appropriately requires a lot of effort. Too much for my budget and available time.

Now to devastate everybody on this thread, if i had an unlimited budget at hand and enough time, i would still not choose to care for Mandarin ducks! - Because they are not native to the North American Continent! They have been introduced from Asia and escaped Mandarin Ducks have started to crossbreed with the native ducks from here, foremost with the beautiful Wood Duck:
View attachment 2474972
So i would divert my resources to this native species instead of the Mandarin duck.

😜 Now y'all beat me up… :oops:
You don't have to own them, just simply admire their beauty in awe
1605923593347.gif

1609740506493.png

Back
Top Bottom