Camcorders

max13077

Songster
12 Years
Feb 3, 2008
Fingerlakes Upstate, NY
I was thinking about buying one for a possible upcoming trip. Anybody have one they like? One you don't like? Just some general thoughts? Any info would be appreciated.
big_smile.png

Well...I have been thinking about getting one for a while. My dd is now 2 and we decided to bite the bullet and get one. I was flipping through the channels the other night and saw a nice JVC on QVC. Now I NEVER watch those channels, and have never bought anything from them, but dh and I thought it was a great deal so we did. We got the camera (last week) and it is super nice. 35x zoom and it was $199. The only thing is that you have to transfer video with a cable in real time. So every hour of video takes 1 hour to transfer.
Anyway, last night (dh is out of town fishing) I was flipping through channels again, and saw a camcorder on HSN
lol.png
. Soooo, I bought it! The reason why is that it is a JVC almost identical to the one we bought last week and really like, but it has SD cards like a digi camera. So, I just pop the SD card out and upload it to the PC. This is what I really wanted, but didn't think we could afford. I got it for only $299 which I think was a great deal. Anyway-the JVCs are really nice, and I'm so excited to get ours!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so funny!!!! I was flipping around this afternoon and what's on QVC? JVC camcorders!!!
lol.png
Looked nice like you said. The picture quality looked pretty good. It's been a while since I've had one. The last I had recorded on those little tapes. The ones I've been looking at records on the same type card as a digital camera.

I haven't used it in forever, but I believe I have a Panasonic Mini DVD cam. It works fantastic, but I bought a Canon Powershot S5 IS and I love the video feature.

good luck choosing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom