Cammack Faverolles

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hcammack, Oct 15, 2012.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Hey everyone. Just thought I would post some pictures for those of you who don't frequent the Faverolles thread. I lost my flock in high school and just got started with chickens again outside my college apartment. Now I am back into the faverolles buisness thanks to the generous community of faverolles fanciers spread throughout the country. Hatched 3 cockerels from a breeder in Florida this spring and got started with 6 pullets from breeders in Massachusetts. Thanks to my friends I have some great chickens again! So I just wanted to share that story and some pictures of the birds with you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These are some of my layers. A black copper Marans pullet and an Easter Egger pullet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    They are so beautiful! So will you be breeding them and selling them?

3. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh! And have you meet Derperella? Favorelles are very much loved in this section of BYC, mostly because of Nambroth and her wonderful salmon favorelle called Derperella.

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I have seen derpella before. I will be breeding them but at least for the first several years I will just be breeding for myself. I have decided selling hatching eggs isn't a great idea plus I am busy with school and work. Maybe eventually I will sell chicks or started birds. Possibly hatching eggs far down the line.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Good idea Henry and glad you got back into the Faverolles world! [​IMG]

6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Thanks a lot. They are looking pretty good. I am very lucky to have gotten them.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Here are some photos of the girls.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are some cell photos of the boys that I was sent from my friends who are keeping an eye on the boys for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cbnovick

cbnovick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Really, really nice Faves!!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    wow - how nice that they allow you to have chickens outside your apartment. I bet you keep all your buddies in fresh eggs, You have a beautiful flock - best of luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by