Campines go global

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Drieslag, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Drieslag

Drieslag Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    Please look for the new site campines.tumblr.com.

It's concise but revealing ... and there's still much to come.

Plus! I know it's difficult to find a Campine breeder, really anywhere. So I added a page for all Campine breeders to leave their coordinates. Hopefully this will help a great deal.

And also hopefully it will help me introduce the Campines back again in their native Belgium, since they've been gone here for almost 7 decades or more...

All input and critics are welcome.

2. CanuckBock

CanuckBock THE Village Ijit

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    Heel low:

Thanks for doing up this website...I do not have the breed but admire it! [​IMG]

You asked for input...

David Scrivener, Rare Poultry Breeds, (2006) page 24:
    I am not sure when the original Campine breed was first recognized in North America.

No worries really as I am told that the "Buff" turkey was dropped too from the APA SOP's...and it was never re-instated. The Jersey Buff (which is NOT a pure self-buff like the original turkey) was never accepted either. I have both of these colour patterns in our heritage turkey flocks and it makes no difference to me if the variety is recognized or not. I like what I like! [​IMG]

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
    Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

3. Drieslag

Drieslag Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    Thanks.
    I didn't add the info about the Campine first being dropped, thought it didn't sound good. But you're absolutely right, standards schmandards.

The full text about their recognition reads like this:

Quote: So the first appearance in the APA is also from 1893.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by