Can a 9 week old and 4 week old be housed together

Juliakbp1

Chirping
Apr 26, 2023
I have a 9 week old EE in a separate cage because of feathers being pulled out of her back which made a scab, and now I have a 4 week old that looks as though her siblings(females) have picked at her bald spots from losing baby feathers.

Can I house them together in a large travel dog kennel? I am currently putting Vaseline and/or hen healer on 9 week old and cleaned off the 4 week olds base of tail feathers and will apply hen healer or Vaseline and wrap it.

It might work, or it might not. The only way to tell is to try, and then watch carefully to see how it goes.

If they do not do well together, you may be able to divide the crate with wire mesh to make two sections, so they have each other for company but cannot pick at each other's injuries.

Thanks, I have one 9 week old and one 4 week old together because both of them had feathers pulled. Well..I'm glad to say they are doing well together. The 9 week old EE took the 4 week old as her baby and they sleep together and she protects the 4 week old.

Thanks, I have one 9 week old and one 4 week old together because both of them had feathers pulled. Well..I'm glad to say they are doing well together. The 9 week old EE took the 4 week old as her baby and they sleep together and she protects the 4 week old.
I am glad they are doing well together :)

Back
Top Bottom