Can a Buff Roo create this color

Can a Buff Orpington create a golden laced pattern?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

13ChickenGirl

Songster
May 20, 2017
Hi, my mom and I are trying to solve this mystery in our coop. We have a Buff Orpington rooster that is the Daddy. We recently had our Maran go broody and sit on a clutch of eggs. 3 of the eggs that were light brown hatched black chicks with a brown face and we were thinking they belonged to or silver laced Wyandotte. One of them is getting gold laced feathers and the other two have a weird striped brown and black pattern. Could the Buff create a golden laced coloring? Or do we have a true mystery on our hands? And what about the brown coloring? How do you post pictures? I would post them but I can't figure out how!! You can see the daddy on my profile.

Last edited:
I would like to see pictures. In the reply box hit upload a file, than select your photo off you device, choose thumbnail or full picture than hit reply.

Last year I hatched a few eggs out of my BLR Wyandotte crossed with my buff rooster. One was a white Colombian, and the other a buff Colombian, not what I would have expected, so I'm no genetic expert, but some funky colors can show up in crosses.

This is our girl, Cinnamon, who is a second generation buff x blue/black/splash Orpington. We bought her off a breeder who was mixing colours, as a chick so I don't know her exact parentage. She's pretty gorgeous though. The first generation cross had a lot more black on them but were very pretty birds. I'd love to see yours too.

Cinnamon.jpg

Do they have rose combs? Your wyandotte should have a rose comb and her offspring would also.
If so any other hens with rose combs in your flock?

Ok, this is our only Wyandotte, we just had iragation so they are a bit dirty. The roo is the daddy. The picture of the wing is that weird brown striped pattern the and the chick in my hand with no gold is the same chick. The black and brown chick perching is another brown striped one. The pictures of the chick in my hand with the gold coloring is the one that I am wondering if it's a golden laced Wyandotte? But it does NOT have a rose comb. Any other guesses? :rolleyes::D
IMG_3337.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG
IMG_3319.JPG
IMG_3319.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG
IMG_3326.JPG
IMG_3329.JPG
IMG_3330.JPG
I would like to see pictures. In the reply box hit upload a file, than select your photo off you device, choose thumbnail or full picture than hit reply.

Last year I hatched a few eggs out of my BLR Wyandotte crossed with my buff rooster. One was a white Colombian, and the other a buff Colombian, not what I would have expected, so I'm no genetic expert, but some funky colors can show up in crosses.

Attachments

• IMG_3338.PNG
    IMG_3338.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
It looks similar to a gold laced Wyandotte with a single comb. Some Wyandotte still carry a single comb as a recessive gene and some occasionally have one. It should be a pretty little bird.

Back
Top Bottom