Can a Chicken and a Spruce Grouse mate?

Do you have pet spruce grouse? is that a bird people can own? Or is this a hypothetical, if a chicken ran into a grouse in the wild???
I can't imagine the two wanting anything to do with each other. They're very different species. I could be wrong but, I don't think they're closely enough related for that to work out.
Most domestic chickens have some ability to fly... some better than others.
While I don't think it's possible(again, could be wrong) thinking about breeding different things like that sure makes you think of what you'd end up with...
Personally though, I don't like the idea of mixing domestic and wild birds because birds escape and before you know it, you have mutts in the wild polluting the gene pool to some extent.

Do you have pet spruce grouse? is that a bird people can own? Or is this a hypothetical, if a chicken ran into a grouse in the wild???
I can't imagine the two wanting anything to do with each other. They're very different species. I could be wrong but, I don't think they're closely enough related for that to work out.
Most domestic chickens have some ability to fly... some better than others.
While I don't think it's possible(again, could be wrong) thinking about breeding different things like that sure makes you think of what you'd end up with...
Personally though, I don't like the idea of mixing domestic and wild birds because birds escape and before you know it, you have mutts in the wild polluting the gene pool to some extent.
It would probably be sterile !
Quail chicken hybrids have been created so I don't know why you don't think a grouse and a chicken wouldn't work .
I agree about polluting the gene pool but in my opinion it would most likely be sterile, right, if I'm wrong somebody please clue me in .

Back
Top Bottom