Can a hurt Phesant be with 9 hens?

Quote:
Ha,
To me anything under $100 per pair is low dollar pheasants, which would be all the ringnecks, gold, and silvers, they are pretty much a dime a dozen when it is compared to the tragopans, longtails, firebacks, peacock pheasants and such. And are much tuffer than, my so called high dollar ones. Their price reflects not only their rarity, but their difficulty level of care and lower production numbers per bird.

Quote:
Actually, ringneck pheasants are less prone to carry diseases than chickens do. I would worry more about your chickens spreading diseases to the rooster.
The missed topic here is the main one. Unless you have a liscense to keep the pheasant, you ARE breaking the law. You are NOT allowed to capture and keep a wild animal. The law states that any injured wild animal must be turned over to the local Fish and Game Department or Department of Natural Resources depending on your location. I'm not trying to scare anyone that wants to help an injured bird here but I just wanted to let everyone know that there are laws that may get you in trouble for these actions of good will.
My state allows me to raise and keep pheasants without a permit as long as they are penned. Free range pheasants are considered propery of the state and a small game liscense with a seperate pheasant harvest stamp is required to have these birds on your person. Live or Dead.
Please check your local laws before adopting an injured or abandoned bird. My parents almost got in trouble when they found some lost Canadian goose chicks. The mother was killed by coyotes. Everything was legal as long as we didn't keep the goslings in a pen and were able to leave if they wanted to. Which they later did when they learned to fly. Eggs found in the wild are also illegal to posses. These are covered under the abandoned nest law.
Just wanted to keep everyone safe here.

Back
Top Bottom