Can a rabbit eat Guinea Pig Food...Can a rabbit even be with a piggy?

Chiko

Songster
9 Years
Nov 25, 2010
Orem, Utah.
I have 1 female rabbit who is about 3 months old and was lonely and yesterday when I got my 2 guinea pigs I put them in with her and they liked each other. They became good friends already. Is this bad for the piggies or the bunny? Also, I feed my rabbit fresh greens, and ground corn(my grandma gave me this tip) Can I put the guinea pig food in there for the guinea pigs to eat? I'm sure the bunny will eat it. Is it bad for her?

Great thank you
smile.png
Can I leave my piggies in with my rabbit though?

I have known people who do, but I was told not to because the rabbit could accidently kick the guinea pig (like when the jump around for fun and do the backwards kick thing) and it could kill the guinea pig or cause internal injuries, I guess this would depend on the size of the rabbit compared to the guinea pig though?

Good luck, and you should show us a picture of them!

My rabbit is the same size than my piggies and they have a three story cage. The guinea pigs have their own small hide out on the first floor, and the bunny has her own smaller hideout on the 3rd floor. They always have hay, guinea pig pellets, wheat, and plenty of carrots, potatoes, and lettuce :) They are so happy together and always eat together it's so cute. I'll try to get a picture of them!

I once had five rabbits (netherland dwarf) and three guinea pigs and a rat... AND three chickens all living together. The only thing you have to worry about is the pigs (as I'm sure you know) can't synthesize vit C, so there has to be fortified food for them, or lots of treats high in C. Beware; too much citrus fruit will cause little sores around the mouth, but in moderation, they thrive. My advice would be mixing two parts guinea pig chow, with one part rabbit, to be sure the bunny doesn't get too much C. But yes, a rabbit can at guinea pig food. A guinea pig can't last long on rabbit food. I never had any real issues with my weird menagerie of critters, the rat did end up dying. He kept the wild rats outta the pen, but he lost a fight with a raccoon. Good luck with your herd/flock/colony/whatever you want to call it lol!

My rabbit is the same size than my piggies and they have a three story cage. The guinea pigs have their own small hide out on the first floor, and the bunny has her own smaller hideout on the 3rd floor. They always have hay, guinea pig pellets, wheat, and plenty of carrots, potatoes, and lettuce :) They are so happy together and always eat together it's so cute. I'll try to get a picture of them!

Guinea pigs should not be on wire floors. I know a lot of multi level cages have those.
Also, dark leafy greens are a better source of vitamin c than citrus.

Back
Top Bottom