1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can A Two Week Old Ee Attemp A "crow"?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lauriruth, Dec 3, 2010.

1. lauriruth

lauriruth Chillin' With My Peeps

So, i got 3 day-ol EE's from MPC. [​IMG]
    they are in a plastic brooder with heat lamp in my spare bedroom until they are feathered out and the weather is warmer. (I'm in s. texas-- so should be Jan. 15th!!!)
    i let the girls out to romp for about an hour then put them back in the brooder, said goodnight, turned off the light and left the room.
    About 10 min. later i hear what can only be described as a loud, strangled, 2-syllable squawk.
    I hefted 35 lbs of spoiled dog off of my lap and scrambled in there, turned on the light and there were 3 adorable, precious feathered faces looking up at me with the "What?" look on their faces.[​IMG]
    Can they crow that early? should i be concerned? i can't have a roo where i lived.[​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Congrats on your new babies! [​IMG]
    I have actually had little boys crow at about 5 days old, soooo....they CAN, but hopefully it was just a little pullet testing out her voice. [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I had a buff orp cockerrel crow at 2 days. It was the funniest thing I ever heard and even funnier watching him try to do it. lol

4. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is my 8 Week old Serama roo crowing his butt off... he started crowing at 4 (but I think it was 3 weeks)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by