can Amelia Eggheart stay in my urban flock? black white EE

Tobiai

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 31, 2012
hi there could use some help.... from my reading B/W easter eggers are typically male?
Can Amelia stay or must leave as Emil? thanks for any help!

here at 10 weeks

and at 2 days

Looks like a girl to me...
idunno.gif

Reassuring news... My 5 yr old woke up this morning telling of her a nightmare that we had to give her away -chicken not 5 yr old;) So I told he I would "ask up the internet" as she likes to say. Thank you!

Actually, a VERY easy way to show people sexing EE's by demonstrating with your pictured birds there is by color. EE's are very easily sexed by color, as most are actually sex-linked too.

Females in most cases come out a partridge looking brown and black, often known as wild-type duckwing. Some though are silver too, which is strictly black and white, sometimes with a salmon breast.

Males on the other hand are quite often black and white, but have colored red, orange, or yellow feathers that emerge on sometimes the neck, back, and most importantly and almost always the shoulders. These are tell-tail signs of a male, as females cannot have that color in those regions. Other male colors that are red flags are one coming out with a black breast and red markings on the shoulders, neck, and back. /img/smilies/smile.png

True saddle and hackle feathers actually come in much later, so judging by them is a hard thing to do, especially when someone is new with chickens.

Thought this would be relevant :)

Back
Top Bottom