can any one help with a bow-legged duck

nicokl502

Songster
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Kansas City Mo
i have this 3 weeks old baby duck and today the poor things leg looked odd a bit bow legged and then also stepping on its feet, i try to tape it but not even sure how in the world to even do that and i also put some niacin, vitamin e and poly-vi-sol vitamins in there water twice a day is there anything more i can do ??

I suspect every duckling goes through a time when it is pigeon toed and stepping on its own feet. It's part of the growing process.

Feed balanced feed with good calcium phosphorus ratio, make sure the duckling gets some niacin, and I also suggest a bit of sunshine every day, if possible, to provide vitamin D.

At 3 weeks, I would be feeding no more than 16% protein (because of angel wing, not because of the legs)

how can i tell how much protein is in there food i only have two feed stores around me one sell one that i can maybe look up the protein the other well its just in a bag that has nothing on it??? i have been giving the niacin and i let them out in the afternoon should i buy vitamin d pills ? i will take a pic tonight and post it soon thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom