Can anyone confirm that this is a "normal" Royal Grey Pearl please?

Tre3hugger

Let Your Freak Flag Fly
Mar 21, 2020
NW Massachusetts
Got the mixed batch from Ideal. Just wanting to confirm this is pearl grey.
20200811_184028.jpg

20200811_184040.jpg

About 2 weeks old.

Got the mixed batch from Ideal. Just wanting to confirm this is pearl grey.
View attachment 2286515
View attachment 2286516
About 2 weeks old.
That is a Pearl Gray guinea fowl.

From your title "Royal Grey Pearl", they are Pearl Gray. There is no such thing as a Royal Gray Pearl.

There are Royal Purples but they are semi dotted and will not have the solid center stripe on their heads as keets.

That is a Pearl Gray guinea fowl.

From your title "Royal Grey Pearl", they are Pearl Gray. There is no such thing as a Royal Gray Pearl.

There are Royal Purples but they are semi dotted and will not have the solid center stripe on their heads as keets.
Thanks so much for the prompt response. Why did I add that "royal" in there? Oops! Thanks for clearing that up. I have plenty of whites and greys. Looks like there might be some pieds in my future!

Yes. A raccoon reached through the 1/2 in HWC floor of their raised brooder. Missing limbs, scattered carcasses. But no breach to the brooder. I have since added tiles to the brooder floor to make it solid. That night i got a raccoon in a trap under the brooder so pretty sure that was the culprit. Suppose it could have been a weasel tho. That was 3 nights ago. It was heartbreaking they were 10 days old.
Oh no, brutal! Were they lost at night?

Yes. A raccoon reached through the 1/2 in HWC floor of their raised brooder. Missing limbs, scattered carcasses. But no breach to the brooder. I have since added tiles to the brooder floor to make it solid. That night i got a raccoon in a trap under the brooder so pretty sure that was the culprit. Suppose it could have been a weasel tho. That was 3 nights ago. It was heartbreaking they were 10 days old.
Wow! I had no idea that anything could reach through 1/2” hardware cloth! Heartbreaking indeed!!! :hit

Back
Top Bottom