Can anyone give me a home?*He has a new home....*

Thanks for the posting, hope you don't get too much junk mail. Although it is fun to respond to them (if you are REALLY bored) and lead them on just to see how much they are willing to pay for your "Pet". (they never specify what kind of "Pet" they think you have.)
I'll let you know if the guy today checks out

He is a sweet little dog, except to chickens! His breed is bred for hunting small animals and most people who have these types of dogs either use them for hunting (and keep them kenneled) or have them as house pets, not free roaming farm dogs.
The girl who owns him has a chainlink kennel she keeps her dogs in but he can slip thru the spaces around the gate. She says she has tried tying him, but he has shown up here with collar intact (maybe neighbors kids turning him loose?) This time, he managed to get out of his collar, as she found it still attached to the chain on her porch when she got home.

I am the placement coordinator for a dog rescue. I think the best you can do for this pooch is request that the guy who is coming to see him today bring with him photos of his home and yard, at least one containing a picture of his physical address (if you are unable to do a home check yourself). If he says he owns the home, you might be able to verify with his county online, or you can ask him to bring proof. If he rents, call the landlord to verify he is allowed dogs (I know he already has one, but even that is not a guarantee). Also, if he is not yet neutered, please make sure the new adopter does so!

With our rescue dogs, we always go to the address they use on their application to make sure they live where they say they do. We also call their Vets to verify that their current pets are seen on at least a regular basis. We call personal and professional references too. I realize with your guy coming today, it would be late in the game to do most of this, but some could certainly still be done.

Good luck, and thanks for temporarily keeping the little guy despite what he has done to your chickens.

I feel your pain. We had to get rid of our Husky last December. He was a complete chicken killing, running away jerk, but he was sweet and SOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! He was all white, blue eyes, and a curly tail. I would put him on petfinder, they are really good.

I can take him if the other guy can't but all this other stuff is going a bit over board

Quote:
I agree. There are alot of scammers on craigslist and petfinders, but they are easy to spot. The overwhelming majority of people who respond are genuinely looking for a pet and I feel sure she is a good enough judge of character to know that the dog is going to a good home. You can't be leary of everyone. If someone is willing to make the drive out and look at this pup, bring their own dog, I'm sure they are genuine. People who are looking for dog bait aren't going to invest anything. They just take the free ones that aren't any hassle.

Your doing a good thing finding this pup a home and I'm sure the new owners will take good care of him.

His owner found him a home in a town almost an hour away. The new owner has another little chi type dog, NO chickens and lives in a residential area with NO chickens and he will mainly be an indoor dog.
So YAY!!!

Back
Top Bottom