Can anyone help me identify 4 chicks. Maybe Buff and RIR?'s

StudioBellaRose

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 29, 2013
Wild Peach, Texas
Hello and good morning ev1,
I was given these 4 chicks last night and the lady I got them from had no idea what they were breedwise or sexwise. Someone had bought them for her kids and she had hid them from her landlord as long as she could but she got busted and was to told to get rid of them or move so she gave them to me. The only info she could give me was that they were born on March 31st. Maybe. That would make them about 3 weeks old. They seem very large for 3 weeks old to me but I could be wrong. They are the same size as my 6 week old Silkies, about 6-8 inches tall? 2 of them look like maybe Buff Orpintons to me and the other 2 I thought might be either RIR's or Golden Buffs/Golden Comets? Again, I have no idea, its just a guess. I have never had chicks in either of these breeds but I looked up pics last night for hours trying to figure it out myself.... Also, if anyone could take a guess as to sex, it would be great!

Thanks in advance,
BellaRose

pic1. 2 reds?

pic2. 2 buffs? 1 red?

pic3. another shot of 2 buffs? 1 red?

I can't tell too good from the pics, and I can't enlarge pics from this site without crashing my computer, but I think you're on the right track.

Thank you...Did you try clicking on the pics to open them? They are much clearer when you click on them.
Yea, it's something wrong with my computer, I guess. I haven't seen anyone else posting it in the help section so I figure it's only affecting me. So, I've given up on clicking the pics. It's rotten...
sad.png

Those two look like buffs to me, and that one is definently a Red Cross
Thanks Justgotchicks12. Two of them looked like buffs to me and were identical. The other 2 have the same markings and colors and I thought Red Cross as well but it was just a guess based on a few hours of internet research... I couldnt find any pics of the same age group for better comparison...Any guess as to sex?

They kind of blend in with the wall... If you could get a pic of them on something darker it would be easier to tell.

Back
Top Bottom