can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by xchairity_casex, Sep 10, 2011.

1. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    well let me first start out by saying me and my sister have always ahd weak teeth from my dad we have very thin enamal and becuase of that weve always had to take care of that (useing speciel tooth paste,not brushing our teeth after eating acidic foods only rinsing ect)
    well ive always tried to take care of my teeth. well when i was 14 i broke a piece of my backtooth off on the left side i was young and didnt think much of it i was too busy to be botherd by it (not to mention im fearful of dentists) well it was about a year later i started having ear problems infection after infection the ended up draining into my tooth and causeing a massive abcess that almost killed me i had to be rushed tothe ER and have my tooth removed by an oral surgeon.

well im still careful with my teeth i dont drink soda only drink fruit juice waterd down but mostly only water.
    well im 23 now unable to afford health insurance and i broke a very large piece off my other back tooth [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ive been trying to be careful with it rinsing my mouth after everything i eat with peroxide and act mouth wash
    but my tooth is begining to hurt im worried ill end up with another infection i want my tooth removed but
    #1. i dont have insurance
    #2 i dont have a good job (i baby sit makeing only 3 dollars an hour)
    #3 the last time i was at the dentist he used novicane 4 injections and my mouth never went numb which is why the first time i had tooth problems i didnt have the tooth removed by the dentist the dentist told me that some people are not effected by novicane if they are too nervous and that i would have to find a dentist who used the gas.

im not sure what im going to do since i am unable to pay i tried getting ahold of a local program but they wont pay for dental procedures ive asked the hospitol if they could point me in any direction but they didnt know either!

the first abcess was a nightmare! my face swelled and the abcess itself broke open on the side of my jaw and my skin turned blackin the area i had to take antibiotics for weeks i had a fever for the entire duration i couldnt eat and the pain was so unberable i was taking nearly an entire bottle of ib profin or asprin or tylonal every day for weeks while in the hospitol i had to have a blood test every few hours to be sure the infection hadent gone into my blood stream.

i really hate this and theres nothing i can do unless i want to pay big money to have all my teeth removed and false ones put in which i dont want to do since im only 23 years old!
    im really worried when it happend last time i was on my fathers insurance plan thankfully but once i hit 18 i was automatically kicked off.
    im so worried its going to get bad and i wont be able to do anything about it i just keep useing peroxide to keep it clean i also started taking L-Lysin ive heard tha thelps prevent infection. if anyoen has any advice for me or what i should do please its greatly appreciated!
    im really worried

2. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Check out CareCredit. It can help pay for your dental work now and you can pay it off gradually. [​IMG]

Pretty sure it's www.carecredit.com

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My DH is the same way with novacain. He FINALLY found a dentist that knew exactly what to do. I think I would call dentists, explain the situation with numbing and ask for an appt to see if you numb at all. For free. They SHOULD do this. Ken's dentist did, and he got numb. We are still making payments, but that is another story.

4. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Check out Delta Dental too, for about $100 they cover you for a year and you get a discount on work. If you add that to the carecard, it might be possible

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

OH!!! And whatever you do, DO NOT go to Western Dental. [​IMG]

6. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    I'm using the CareCredit card to get my wisdom teeth out Tuesday.
    It literally took five minutes to be approved.
    Only thing is I believe your dentist has to be on their list.
    It'll have you put in your zip code and then it'll show you participating dentists in your location.

Good luck with it all.

7. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    oh thank you for the replies and the help!! ill deff look into those! its so very appreciated!!! i was so stumped all i could think to do was call dentists offices asking about any programs they knew of. my mom said "your just going to have to go and get it done and pay them off later" but when my bf had to have a cap put on one of his teeth they told him he had to pay 50% right then and there or else they would get ahold of a credit company and he would be labeld having bad credit and i worry so so much about that becuase me and my boyfreind are looking into moving in together pretty quickly i need to have good credit for getting loans for a house. i really wanna just punch my dad in the face for giveing my these problems!

8. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    Sorry to read your sad story. I realy can't help, but not your Daddy is the problem, it is the Goverment. Nobody @ all should go to that. Write this sad story to Washigton. Everybody should do that.
    In Germany the people there went on the streets and show that they want to be united and it works. The Healthreform should cover everybody, so that everybody can get the health care they need.
    America show that you are united. Like they wrote on their banner : We are the folk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by