Can anyone help us sex our chickens???

tahoechicken

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
We got these little guys for free at home show, they were hatched in a solar incubator. They are three weeks old and we can't tell if they are Roos or Hens. Any ideas??
This is Shreek (she a talker) BR we hope she isn't a Roo but she is getting a cone more so than the others.
P6150094.jpg

P6150078.jpg

This is Snow (we know she is a banty but not sure what kind)
P6150092.jpg

This is Summer (we think she is an EE)
P6150090.jpg

and Sweety RIR
P6150089.jpg

if you can help that would be great

Thanks. How old will they be when we can really tell and what will be the first signs they aren't hens?

Is a large white spot on a boy or girl BR? I can't recall now... but someone does I'm sure...
BR girls feather in pretty quick compared to boys, but since you've only the one you can't compare.

Your RIR looks pretty similar to my GSLs ... so I'ma guess girl... but that's just a theory.

Don't have a clue on the other one.

If Shreek does turn out to be a roo is there anything we can do to keep "him" quieter. We live in a city with a no Roo policy(due to the noise) and Shreek is very friendly and we are fairly attached.
hmm.png

Cute chicks! I think Shreek is a pullet too, she looks like my BR girls did at 3 weeks. One of mine had a large white spot on her head and I thought she was a roo, but turned out to be a pullet.

The top 2 pics look like a cockeral to me. When the get about 6-8 weeks old the cockerals will have quite a bit of pink on their faces and the pullets will stay yellow until just before laying age. Good luck............Pop

Back
Top Bottom