Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pepper21, May 24, 2017.

1. Pepper21

Pepper21 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2017
    North central PA
    Can anyone tell me hens or roos in these pictures? They are all 10 weeks and they are easter eggers and banties

Attached Files:

2. marenwise

marenwise Just Hatched

Dec 12, 2016
    Paradise, CA
    I think they would be crowing already if they are 10 weeks old. My easter egger looked a lot like the ones in your photos at 10 weeks. In a week or two their muff feathers will start fluffing out. I know this probably doesn't help much. Good luck.

3. thunderclast

thunderclast Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2017
    Portland, Oregon
    My Coop
    A couple of them do look like roos to me, but I've heard it's especially hard to tell with easter eggers. Beautiful birds, anyway.

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 November....... my favorite month Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I see two that I think are cockerels, they are both the patchy colored ones.

5. Pepper21

Apr 24, 2017
    North central PA
    Thank you. I think the two redheads are roos but I'm going back and forth on a few others. They change a lot week to week.

6. Pepper21

Apr 24, 2017
    North central PA
    No one is crowing yet and no spurs yet either. A couple of the redheaded ones ar just way bigger though so I'm just really confused on them.

7. Pepper21

Apr 24, 2017
    North central PA
    I know, I'm thinking the same. I'm growing impatient as I'm just so excited. They are all so pretty and I love watching their colors and markings change as they grow.

Chicken Girl1 likes this.
  8. Tlmcq

Tlmcq Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2017
    Pomeroy, OH
    Darker one in first pic looks like pullet to me. One in middle I'd keep eye on comb is pretty red and one next to lil white roo looks cockerel too. And, I think EE are more difficult too so I'm by no means an expert...lol

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Don't know if there are two, or just one in two photos but, your gold laced sebrights appear to be pullets at this time (combs are not red)

It is really much better to have individual pictures of your birds. With a grouping some are looking down, some up, - or you just see small parts of one bird or two. Very confusing from photo to photo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by