Can anyone ID my eggs?

Fraoch21

Songster
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Highlands, Scotland
I can id some of my ducks eggs but these 4 i dont know what they are, and i would like to work it out so i can incubate only certain breeds not all of them
tongue.png
If nobody has a clue i'll seperate each duck out into a pen to see but its easier if someone knows
big_smile.png

i stuck an average hen egg beside them to compare
So they could be from;
bali runner
chocolate call duck
saxony
white campbell
khaki campbell
rouen(home bred cross-just looks like a rouen)

thank you for any input
big_smile.png

I've never been able to tell any difference between the eggs of different breeds of ducks (except Cayuga).

You aren't getting anything but mutts to hatch if all your different breeds are kept together.

Last edited:
Yeah, im mostly confused about no. 4, i thought it might have been a call duck egg cause its so small but then its still pretty big compared with the size of the actual duck, its about the size of her head! But then it could be the runner since her eggs are supposed to be greeny blue or the saxony since her eggs we green last year but bigger.
roll.png

All the birds run together normally but if i decide i want to hatch certain ones, i usually seperate the pair
smile.png

Early in the season, egg size can vary a lot. My breeds are separated and just a couple of days ago, I picked up an egg that was half the size of the other eggs. I know for a fact that it is purebred and the same breed.

First eggs of the season all tend to be smaller for a while and then start to get bigger and bigger as the birds get into the rhythm of laying. So it might be a Call egg and it might not.

Back
Top Bottom