Can anyone post a pic of a pip?! *edit* We have a chick PICS!!

Red

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
It's Day 20, just beginning, and we think we have a pip...a piece of shell has gone and there's white (membrane?)...there's no hole so we can't actually see into the egg, just a missing piece of shell. There's no peeping...is this okay?? Very nervous

Thankyou in advance!

Last edited:

Red

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
Thanks for the speedy reply - that's a relief! So it's okay that the membrane still covers the hole? We only just got home so don't know how long it's been like this...

Thanks again, i'm so excited and nervous too!

Red

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
Aaaargh! Came home and went straight to check on the eggs and there is no change whatsoever!! And i still hear no cheeping...

It's almost midnight here, i need to go to bed soon...if this eggie hasn't changed by morning i'll cry. I know it can take a long time, but i've never been very good with waiting

The next few days are gonna feel looong...

Red

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
I THINK I HEARD A CHEEP!!! JUST ONE CHEEP OMG

C'mon c'mon c'mon!!!

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
12 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newton NJ
I know how you feel. 6th time hatching and I am still a nervous wreck. They just came off the turner today so I hope I will se a pip tomorrow or the next day. They do this to ya. I am also a very impatient person

living2ride

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Illinois
I'm just like you - I have no patience for this hatching stuff. Yet I can't seem to stop.

Each time is a nerve-wracking experience.

Top Bottom