Can anyone recommend an egg cooker machine?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by flirty31, Jan 29, 2013.

1. flirty31

flirty31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Hi there, still waiting on my first egg but in preparation for its arrival: does anyone have a specific brand of egg cooker that they would recommend? I am looking for a quality machine that can save me the time and hassle of regular boiling of eggs (which I seem to be terrible at).

Thanks!

2. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I didn't know there was such a thing....

3. Doubleyolker

Doubleyolker Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2012
    I have a food steamer that has an egg setting . It works great . I rinsed under cold water and the eggs peeled nicely .

4. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    On one of the 'peeling boiled eggs' threads someone recommended the Henrietta Egg Cooker. Never even seen one of those in the store.

I have an "egg-perfect egg timer" that I use. Works great. You just put it in the pot with the eggs and water, cook till the eggs are the doneness you want. It will start to turn dark around the outside edge and when the dark reaches the doneness you want, just remove the eggs from the hot water, crack them just a little bit and drop into ice water. Easy peasy to peel that way.

5. flirty31

flirty31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Amazon has a TON of these machines (like the Henrietta Egg Cooker) and I figured that colks here would be more likely to use these, as they've presumably got a lot of eggs.

But I guess I was mistaken, sounds like most people boil them the old-fashioned way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by