Can anyone tell me if I have hens or toms? They are 10-11 weeks old. New at raising turkeys

They look like hens. My tom was getting more bald and funky looking even at that age..
I got mine at 5 weeks, at 3 months old I knew genders when some men came to put feed in the barrels. The tom was strutting about and gobbling. The hen was following him around making really loud "YARP YARP YARP" sounds. They were bothered because of the strange people around. Size could be an indicator also.. My pet tom is a lot bigger than the hen, they're 6 months old now..

Thanks everyone. If you have any tips, tricks are treat ideas please share them. I'm excited to raise turkeys can wait until next week, I have 15 more chicks coming. Once again thanks to everyone.

Yes I do believe they are both hens. They get big and fast, love watching them play and they are very curious. Thanks everyone for your help.

Twice this week one of my "gals" started fanning out and dragging her wings. No gobbling just yarping like the 2 older hens I purchased. I was praying for a pair but super excited that they may both be hens. I purchased 2 older pairs and the I'm praying "she" is just being a copy cat of the toms.

Back
Top Bottom