Can anyone tell me what breed he is?

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
Ricky Rooster was dumped here about 2 months ago and I haven't a clue what kind of roo he is. We love him to pieces and we chuckle every morning when he wakes us up at 5:30am.

Ricky is the reason that we're here on BYC and the reason that I'm now a chickaholic. So if someone can tell me what kind he is, I'd be grateful!

24335_more_chickens_006.jpg

Laurie

Last edited:
I would say he is a black breasted red game, but his legs are dark, which is not a trait of that variety. He may be a mix. Possibly a mix of birchen or brown red X black breasted red. He definately has a lot of game bird in him.

He was dumped here on our property about 2 months ago. Just showed up one day. None of our neighbors have chickens. We found him while we were walking our dogs.

He'll have ladies soon enough! We have chicks varying in ages from 3 weeks to 7 weeks.

He's really skittish but we love this guy to pieces. He's so handsome!! Oh and his legs are black.

Someone thought he may be a fighting rooster because its not against the law here in TN...yet. They just introduced a bill here.

He rules the roost quite literally here and soon he'll have his own group of ladies to rule as well!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom